GDR2 update showing on Nokia Care suite

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
RM-821: Product Code 059R2B9: Lumia 920 CV_India_White

The above I have but my phone is black, can anyone tell me why they have ones for different colors? I would not think it would matter.

I also have 0D8F6B23_RM821_3047.0000.1326.2002_RETAIL_eu_france_267_02_239138_prd_signed.ffu Is one preferred over the other?

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
RM-821: Product Code 059R2B9: Lumia 920 CV_India_White

The above I have but my phone is black, can anyone tell me why they have ones for different colors? I would not think it would matter.

I also have 0D8F6B23_RM821_3047.0000.1326.2002_RETAIL_eu_france_267_02_239138_prd_signed.ffu Is one preferred over the other?

The color won't actually matter, as well as the country variant. As long as they're both for the same model (RM-821) you can flash the firmware - only the included apps differs ;)

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
you have maybe the same ROM like me, is your clock on the glance screen really white or something greyish?! if i compare mines to any other picture of the glance screen, even the same angle mines is at 30% maybe of that brightness.

here is my picture, i think compared to others glance screens on lumia 920 (video or pictures on the same angle or even in front) mines is always darker:

Can it be that the people made this ROM to behave like this?! it is the French unbranded version.

View attachment 39302

That's normal. The intensity of the font color in the glance screen differs, depending on how bright or dark the environment is. Remember, using the glance screen/peek feature uses more battery. So it's by design that the intensity of the font is not as bright as it normally would.

BTW, mine does exactly the same ;)

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the French unbranded rom, will work in North America but no LTE, JUST 4G

AFAIK, most European and APAC ROMS has 4G instead of LTE. Last time the EUR DEVELOPER Variant (1308), shows L only instead of LTE or 4G. Having tested on the same network, the speeds are the same. Let's just say it's a 'marketing label' - in actuality, same banana :)

ivanfirso

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Here's the updated link: https://mega.co.nz/#!JI10GDDB!aKGQxnObgsWyJah3_6UZiyYt8mQdwr-__lZzp8KgP2U

The password remains the same. Password: lumia920india

It's for RM-821: Product Code 059R2B9: Lumia 920 CV_India_White

PS: At present, its uploaded on my skydrive, not really sure how legal that is, so will remove in 2-3 days. If you want it download it ASAP.

PPS: The downloaded file size is ~600mb, its been compressed. Once extracted the complete folder size ~1.3 Gb. Just clarifying.

Edit: Guys I have deleted the file from skydrive due to some legality issues, anyways m uploading it again on Mega. Will share the link as soon as its available.

Say Hello to every one!!!

First of all I want to thank rohitsingh for the room Lumia 920 CV_India_White, I still download it from skydrive. I been test on 920 from Mexico.
My original code was 059S0G4-TELCEL and been tried 059R2B9 from india and runs smoothly. But i dont have 4G connection

kavita10

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,.. can some one post a method to update the ROM .. Tried installing Nokia Care Suite throws up some vc++ error ... sorry pretty new with WP.. jumping around from android.. just point me in the right direction..

Appreciate your help :)

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,.. can some one post a method to update the ROM .. Tried installing Nokia Care Suite throws up some vc++ error ... sorry pretty new with WP.. jumping around from android.. just point me in the right direction..

Download the correct files and Tut here

Vikram Dinesh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Say Hello to every one!!!

First of all I want to thank rohitsingh for the room Lumia 920 CV_India_White, I still download it from skydrive. I been test on 920 from Mexico.
My original code was 059S0G4-TELCEL and been tried 059R2B9 from india and runs smoothly. But i dont have 4G connection

You can enable 4G by following the steps in the link below

How to: Enable 4G LTE (Nokia Lumia 920 / Lumia 820 / Windows Phone 8)

Kavita, you will need to install2 different VC++ runtimes for NCS to work properly. When you try to install NCS, it will prompt you to install and will also give you the link form where you can download and install the VC++ runtime environment. After you install the first one, it will again ask you to do another install. Note that both the links are different. Many people get confused by this thinking that both the links are the same, but they are not. Hope this helps.

Edit: You can search on the thread below if you run into any other problems.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...after-reset-flash-process-defined-inside.html

parasnarvekar

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
My nokia care suitw (v3.8.30) does not recognize my phone (L920). It keeps asking me to activate PC Suite mode which i cant find. Can you please help.. i really wanna download this update and reset my phone.

Cheers

march10_83

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
i'm in indonesia n i find no update for my lumia 920 on nsu for retail, it's still a portico there. i don't check on ncs yet coz after update the software version it's can connect to the server. i hope the update will coming soon

nileshdd

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Anybody who has used the India RM-821 GDR 2 update, can you confirm if the Store now allows subscribing to Podcasts?

Thanks
Nilesh

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
i have an question for eveybody with lumia 920 and the Amber update, do you think if comapre to any video or picture your glance screen is it white or grey?! mines is like really dark. i cant do nothing about it. but everywhere i see the glance screen the clock is really good visible, at my lumia 920 it is really grey color not even white, and really dark :(

Your screen brightness needs to be increased.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Tried renaming files as directed. Error. So ran as well as re-installed NCS in compatibility mode (as someone in the forums suggested). Still Error. Nothing has worked for me so far. I am using Windows 8 on my laptop. Please help, I need Amber
Note: I have followed your guide of renaming the files too.

This is the exact error that pops up each time I hit 'Start': C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821\RM821_059S6R5_3047.0000.1326.2002_068.vpl has invalid signature.

Try to download the cracked version of NCS that is linked in this thread.

VegaNovus

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Tried renaming files as directed. Error. So ran as well as re-installed NCS in compatibility mode (as someone in the forums suggested). Still Error. Nothing has worked for me so far. I am using Windows 8 on my laptop. Please help, I need Amber
Note: I have followed your guide of renaming the files too.

This is the exact error that pops up each time I hit 'Start': C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821\RM821_059S6R5_3047.0000.1326.2002_068.vpl has invalid signature.

Should be ok, have you renamed ALL files?

Also, try work offline.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos