Change Log for Lumia 920 Amber [India]

rAj06

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
0. Do NOT connect your phone to your PC right now.
1. Extract all files to "C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-821\..."
2. Rename all file names, replace '059R2B9' to your respective product codes in the name.
3. Open Nokia Care Suite->Product Support Tool for Nokia-> Sign in as Care Suite External.
4. In the lower right corner, click on 'Online' and select 'Work Offline'
5. Select 'File' Menu -> Open Product-> Select RM-821 ->Open
6. In the lower left corner click on 'Programming' -> Recovery
7. If everything works out fine, you should see a 'Start' button come up in the main window. Click on it. It will say something like 'Phone not found..' and will give detailed instruction to press certain buttons and click on

Hey Rohit...

I have downloaded the files and placed them in this path: (Attached the screenshot)
C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-821\FW 1326.2001_GDR2

When I open the NCS and follow the exact steps, NCS doesn't seem to recognize the package in the path.

Can you please suggest what am I doing wrong? Hope to hear from you quickly!!

EDIT >> Realized that I have placed it under additional folder under rm-821.. copied the data to rm-821. Will post back once I update it!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    52.6 KB · Views: 3

nileshdd

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Can somebody confirm if they can see 'Podcasts' option in the Store, along with Apps, Games, Apps from Nokia? I want to be able to subscribe to podcasts (I do have an app but would prefer it this way)
I have the 920 since Jan and I am not able to see it. My country on the phone is India and on Live account is India too. I tried switching to US but I still don't see it.
Interestingly, my wife's 520, which was recently bought and has 1314 firmware, allows Music and Podcasts in the store, with the country 'India' everywhere.

I wish to know if GDR2 is going to enable that option for me. So, can somebody confirm if it was visible BEFORE and/or AFTER GDR2?

Thank you
Nilesh

Bump on this. Anyone?

charming_arpit

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Awesome update... Well done Nokia and Microsoft. Even Gallery has improved with better pic quality on zooming the pics! Goodbye HD Photo Viewer! To sum it up, this update is about Camera, Battery, Graphics and Basic Phone functionalities!

Amit Arora1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
0. Do NOT connect your phone to your PC right now.
1. Extract all files to "C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-821\..."
2. Rename all file names, replace '059R2B9' to your respective product codes in the name.
3. Open Nokia Care Suite->Product Support Tool for Nokia-> Sign in as Care Suite External.
4. In the lower right corner, click on 'Online' and select 'Work Offline'
5. Select 'File' Menu -> Open Product-> Select RM-821 ->Open
6. In the lower left corner click on 'Programming' -> Recovery
7. If everything works out fine, you should see a 'Start' button come up in the main window. Click on it. It will say something like 'Phone not found..' and will give detailed instruction to press certain buttons and click on retry.
8. Switch off your phone, connect it to the PC, hold the buttons as asked and click on retry. If you did it right, the phone will retsart and flashing will start. The window on your PC will let you know once the flashing is completed.

Please Note: Do this only if you are confident enough and have done sufficient online research on it. If something goes wrong, it is not my responsibility. In exceptional circumstances, this can even void your warranty if your phone bricks and Nokia Care guys come to realize you were trying to tinker with firmware flashing.

​All said and done, good luck with it. :)

Hey Rohit,
I don't get Sign in as Care Suite External. this option when i open nokia care suite.. there is only one option which requires username and password.

Please tell how to get that option.....

Thanks!!

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Rohit

Please find attached screenshot for version number

If this is the wrong one please let me know the correct version to use and if possible download link for same.

Thanks a lot.

Yup. This is the tricky version that needs to be patched and all. Use this instead: Nokia Care Suite PST 5.0 2012.51.4.4 @ Seidea

You'll open Nokia Care Suite after installing. In that, open 'Product Support Tool for Store, and then it will ask you to sign in:

Screenshot (13).png

And this will be where you'll get the option to log in.

Amit Arora1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Yup. This is the tricky version that needs to be patched and all. Use this instead: Nokia Care Suite PST 5.0 2012.51.4.4 @ Seidea

You'll open Nokia Care Suite after installing. In that, open 'Product Support Tool for Store, and then it will ask you to sign in:

Thanks!! Rohit for your help... but i guess my hard luck... it doesn't show start option after doing all things as mentioned in your post..
ncs2.jpg

Any idea??? would really love to have Amber update

View attachment 39908

Amit Arora1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 39908

Somehow reached start option... when clicked on the start.. now it has strange issue

C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821\RM821_059R2B8_3047.0000.1326.2001_748.vpl has invalid signature.
Nokia.Packages.VariantPackage.DataPackage20.VariantPackageSignatureInvalidException: C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821\RM821_059R2B8_3047.0000.1326.2001_748.vpl has invalid signature.
at Nokia.Packages.VariantPackage.DataPackage20.VariantPackageInternal.CheckPackageSignature()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

please please someone help me......
how can i solve this issue???

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Somehow reached start option... when clicked on the start.. now it has strange issue

C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821\RM821_059R2B8_3047.0000.1326.2001_748.vpl has invalid signature.
Nokia.Packages.VariantPackage.DataPackage20.VariantPackageSignatureInvalidException: C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821\RM821_059R2B8_3047.0000.1326.2001_748.vpl has invalid signature.
at Nokia.Packages.VariantPackage.DataPackage20.VariantPackageInternal.CheckPackageSignature()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

please please someone help me......
how can i solve this issue???

I had the same problem but that went away when I DIDN'T change the product codes. Keep it as 059R2B9 and try again.

Subramanian Krish

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Rohit-Your Amber ROM update works well and easy to install via NCS-However there is no PEEK and Call blocker yet on this and IE search engine is only Bing :( rest all works well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb