Field test in GDR 2?

gothfebrio

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Features depend on carriers/country's telecom laws/manufacturer's regional protocols, etc. Eg AT&T here in the US has disabled highest connection speed and the ##3282# menu since a while on all its Lumia ROMS while my Rogers 920 from CA has all it enabled, not sure why AT&T has and Rogers hasn't but they might have a reason for it. If Nokia disabled the field test menu on all phones then they might have a reason for it as well.

And I do agree, IOS is like WP since they are closed systems while Android can be altered as needed by the manufacturer. Field test was/is never considered a core OS feature and is something that's definitely not on Nokia's priority list so enabling it is something unforeseeable as of now

You're talking about something that isnt there from the start. sure its not in nokias priority list to enable it. but it sure does in the list of disabling it for phones that had it. lol. i think thats what chand darling trying to point out. WP is missing a lot of core features like sending recorded videos/sound in an app(whatsapp), IMO, removing a hidden feature that is already available is kinda weird. though they improved the modem a lot in Amber, LTE is able to stay even in 2/1 bars area. Satisfied.

they disabled it for obvious reasons, not wanting the user to think about it (iOS style). noobs would follow an online guide and complain why they have no signal in an area and also complain about higher battery usage of their phone. Android on the other hand, only power users would mess with this feature, well yeah, because they have too many features.

CarR9

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Field Test working on 920 French rom: ##3282#. Polling Frequency set to 9 secs. to try to improve the battery of the device!

Jhay Yap

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, just tried flashing my 920 with this new amber firmware..RM-821 3049.0000.1330.0008...now field test menu is back...

Hi Sir to which ROM/country variant you flashed your L920 GDR2 can do field test? want to do mine as well need 3G on my phone badly. what is the code? thanks

Khorshed Alam

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Dear Brother,

Try to download Finland_firmware CV (Country Variant) and install. Finland Lumia 920 (RM-821) Product Code is 059Q8X3. You can download through NaviFirm+ (V3.2).

I have downloaded Finland Firmware CV and installed on my Lumia 920 Denmark. Now the Field Test Code ##3282# works.

Thanking You,

Md. Khorshed Alam
Cell: +8801950001234
Dhaka, Bangladesh

Khorshed Alam

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Try to download Finland_firmware CV (Country Variant) and install. Finland Lumia 920 (RM-821) Product Code is 059Q8X3. You can download through NaviFirm+ (V3.2).

I have downloaded Finland Firmware CV and installed on my Lumia 920 Denmark. Now the Field Test Code ##3282# works.

Thanking You,

Md. Khorshed Alam
Cell: +8801950001234
Dhaka, Bangladesh