Nokia Lumia EU ROM GDR2+Amber Download Link

FishirOne

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Just flashed my phone yesterday using this method. Thanks a bunch!

Just 2 questions plzz,
1) My phone now states that their is an update available for my phone. This is after I flashed it. What is this update? I'm afraid it will just revert it.
2) Pro and Cons between the flashed Amber vs the Official OTA Amber update. Am i losing anything by doing a manual update?

ccaballero

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a question to whoever that flashed the firmware. Are you able to change your Outlook profile picture? (via the Me Tile) I did the steps to change, and it doesnt change. Odd..
Thanks in advance

ananaskiller

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, I tried for almost an hour, And whatever the f**k i do, nothing seems to work.
I just cannot do step 13 and 14, nokia care suite never says "rebooting" I even tried to press the UP right after it vibrate and all the tricks on these other website:
[Guide] How to flash your Nokia Lumia 920 - DJ's Mobiles
Hard reset clavier Lumia 920 - Nokia Lumia 920 - Mon Windows Phone *FRENCH*
Tip: How to fix a bricked Nokia Lumia 920 | Windows Phone Central
P.S. I Have a lumia 920 and i'm with rogers (canada)

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, I tried for almost an hour, And whatever the f**k i do, nothing seems to work.
I just cannot do step 13 and 14, nokia care suite never says "rebooting" I even tried to press the UP right after it vibrate and all the tricks on these other website:
[Guide] How to flash your Nokia Lumia 920 - DJ's Mobiles
Hard reset clavier Lumia 920 - Nokia Lumia 920 - Mon Windows Phone *FRENCH*
Tip: How to fix a bricked Nokia Lumia 920 | Windows Phone Central
P.S. I Have a lumia 920 and i'm with rogers (canada)

Were you able to see your firmware on the list at Nokia Care Suite?

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
When I press Start (step 10) it says "Recovery Failed. Vpl file not found." I have made sure all file names are correct (I checked AndreStudart's screenshot). Is there anything else that could be causing this issue?

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
THANKS!! IT WORKED!
By the way, if you have issues with login with your microsoft account, check if you have activated two-step auth. If you do, login from your pc, go to account information and generate a new app password. With that, you should be able to login and restore your backups.

Data sense present!! yay!!

How did you do that? I can't sign in to my microsoft account. How do you change the app password? Which app? I changed my microsoft password and it didn't work.

ccaballero

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
How did you do that? I can't sign in to my microsoft account. How do you change the app password? Which app? I changed my microsoft password and it didn't work.
Here is what I did and worked for me

1. go to outlook on your PC (not from the phone)
  2. log in
  3. once the page is fully loaded, go to the top rigth corner, click on your name and click on account configuration
  4. on the left menu, click security information
  5. you should see several items, among them are: two-step auth status, phone number, alternate email, authenticator app and app passwords
  6. click in the link that says generate new app password
  7. it opens a new page with a password.
  8. go to your phone and use that password to log in
  9. ???
  10. Profit
Some screenshots (I dont have the page in english, sorry)

acc.png

App password
app.png

Hope it helps!

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Here is what I did and worked for me

1. go to outlook on your PC (not from the phone)
  2. log in
  3. once the page is fully loaded, go to the top rigth corner, click on your name and click on account configuration
  4. on the left menu, click security information
  5. you should see several items, among them are: two-step auth status, phone number, alternate email, authenticator app and app passwords
  6. click in the link that says generate new app password
  7. it opens a new page with a password.
  8. go to your phone and use that password to log in
  9. ???
  10. Profit
Some screenshots (I dont have the page in english, sorry)

View attachment 40092

App password
View attachment 40094

Hope it helps!

Thanks a lot but I had tried this and it still doesn't work. In fact, I activated this feature and also deactivated it to see and,... nothing.

I found out it's not only with my microsoft account that I have problems.

I wrote a post about it on another thread here:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/237073-2.htm#post2082965
(Post #27)

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot but I had tried this and it still doesn't work. In fact, I activated this feature and also deactivated it to see and,... nothing.

I found out it's not only with my microsoft account that I have problems.

I wrote a post about it on another thread here:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/237073-2.htm#post2082965
(Post #27)

I think you have to "crack" your nokia care suite in order to access it. I think the link for this was posted in one of the amber update threads. Will try to find it once I'm on my desktop

woozlewuzzle11

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Try repeating the instructions and make sure that you press the volume down and power button after the pop up window that instructs it comes out, then follow the instructions of that prompt after. Hope this helps

I'm in the same boat as him. I get an error message "Recovery Failed: Unable to get error message" and the prompt that should come up where it says to do the volume down and press the power button never comes up. I'm feeling frustrated over this because I've been getting the same message at least 5 times by now

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as him. I get an error message "Recovery Failed: Unable to get error message" and the prompt that should come up where it says to do the volume down and press the power button never comes up. I'm feeling frustrated over this because I've been getting the same message at least 5 times by now

Another method is to use Nokia Software Updater for Retail. If you were able to see your firmware in your NCS like Annaskilller's, chances are you'll be able to see it there too. You just have to plug your phone, then click install, no need to wait for prompts.

ccaballero

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

piaqt

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting these:
Unable to get error message
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8400F000): Unable to get error message
at FuseLib.IConnectionServices.GetConnectionIdentifier(String bstrConnectionId)
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryConnectionManager..ctor(FuseLoader fuseLoader, IConnection connection, UserInteractionDelegate userInteractionDelegate)
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryConnectionManager..ctor(IConnection connection, UserInteractionDelegate userInteractionDelegate)
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

Message send failed.
Nokia.Connectivity.Messaging.MessagingSendException: Message send failed. ---> Nokia.Connectivity.Messaging.CAPI.CapiMessagingException: TCSSend failed with error code: -2080331757

at Nokia.Connectivity.Messaging.CAPI.CapiMessageStream.CheckReturnValue(String methodName, UInt32 returnValue)
at Nokia.Connectivity.Messaging.CAPI.CapiMessageStream.Send(UInt32 cookie, Byte[] data, UInt32 dataType, UInt32 itemCount, UInt32 timeOut, IntPtr eventt, SendCallBack onSentCallBack, IntPtr paramz)
at Nokia.Connectivity.Messaging.Handlers.MessageHandler.Send(UInt32 cookie, SendParameters sParams)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Nokia.Connectivity.Messaging.Handlers.MessageHandler.Send(UInt32 cookie, SendParameters sParams)
at Nokia.Connectivity.Messaging.MessageStream.Send(Message message)
at Nokia.Murzim.Connectivity.FuseAdaptation.MurzimFuseMessaging.Send(Byte[] request, TimeSpan timeSpan)
at Nokia.Murzim.Connectivity.RawMessaging.MurzimRawMessaging.SendAndReceive(Byte[] request, TimeSpan timeSpan)
at Nokia.Murzim.Uefi.BootManager.MurzimBootManager.DisableTimeouts()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

What am I doing wrong?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)