- 08-06-2013, 12:15 PM #1
I've got a link
DIRECT DOWNLOAD: LINK (Please use the torrent wherever possible)
MIRROR LINK: http://www.jealy.co.uk/vega/rm-821.zip
Please also note that this is the French ROM so once flashed, the phone will be in French, but luckily one of the first options is to change language!
I do not recommend flashing your device, it will destroy your warranty and it may have unexpected results which I am not liable for.
Flashing your device also wipes all data off the device, be sure to backup.
Nokia Care Suite (Cracked) www.veganovus.co.uk/NCS.zip <-- Torrent
Nokia Lumia 920
1. Download and install Nokia Care Suite (Don't launch Care Suite until step 2 is complete)
2. Extract usergroupsconfiguration.cfg to C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0 or C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0 for 64-bit (Be sure to overwrite)
3. Extract the firmware to it's location (Instructions are in the archive)
4. Open Nokia Care Suite
5. Double click Product Support Tool
6. Choose Caresuite External
EXTRA IMPORTANT STEP: Choose Work Offline on the bottom right of the window.
7. In Product Support Tool choose File > Open Product
8. In the filter box type RM-821
IMPORTANT EXTRA STEP: IN THE BOTTOM LEFT SELECT PROGRAMMING > RECOVERY
9. Your firmware should then appear in the box below if you put it in the correct folder on your PC.
10. Bite the bullet, hit START!
11. Once you hit start it will bring up the recovery screen saying it has lost connectivity, this is normal.
12. Turn your mobile off.
13. Once off, plug your mobile into your PC and hold the DOWN VOLUME key - because it was plugged into your PC it should power on automatically into the "RECOVERY" mode.
14. Hit retry in the recovery screen.
It should then start flashing your device.
Once flashed it will load the welcome screen like a new device (In French), navigate to the next screen and you should get the option to change language (don't have screenshots sorry)
If you encounter this issue:
"................................1326.2002_068.vpl has invalid signature. : recovery failed."
Please use the method below.
Rename all of the files and remove the leading serial numbers like below.
Last edited by VegaNovus; 08-07-2013 at 01:27 PM.
- 08-06-2013, 12:54 PM #2
Looks solid, but on step 9. Which folder? I know the path is in your file, but if others want to use other rom versions. IE , I want to test out the indian one since I have it now. I think its valid minus the 4G support right?
I just need to know the path where to put the FW/ROM for Nokia care to see it.
- 08-06-2013, 01:12 PM #4
Thanks Vega, any differences between the indian one vs the france one, apart from the default language upon installation?
Another question: The indian one I see is rm-820. What is the difference between 821 and 820?
Last edited by Garfunko; 08-06-2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: edit: missed question
- 08-06-2013, 02:00 PM #11
Thank-you for your help so far. I feel close yet so far :P
I am getting here. I am seeing my current version, but yet its not finding the new version. I am assuming the fw file is "RM821_3047.0000.1326.2001_RETAIL_im_india_443_01_244556_prd_signed".ffu
I've created both a rm-820 and a rm-821 folder and pasted this file in both, along with the other bin files that were included in the FW folder.
These two folders are under products.
Last edited by Garfunko; 08-06-2013 at 02:35 PM.
- 08-06-2013, 02:43 PM #12
I created this particularly for use with the ROMs I've linked, however, I need to know what product you searched for when you chose "Open Product? Rm-821 or Rm-820? Also, how many files do you have in the folder? There should be 11 files I think. Not just the .ffu file
- 08-06-2013, 05:07 PM #24
Hey VegaNovus! Thanks for the jumpstart! BTW I'm downloading your firmware right now. I'm going to try it with my Lumia 920 (I'm from the Philippines and Nokia is awkwardly quiet about any GDR2/amber related queries). BTW, is data sense available out of the box? Thanks!
- 08-06-2013, 05:08 PM #25
Hey Vegas, on the Indian version , I was capped at 3G and pretty bad speeds. I've downloaded the France version, and getting the error above. I've renamed that file to "RM821_3047.0000.1326.2002_RETAIL_eu_france_267_02_239138_prd_signed.ffu" as mentioned, yet now I'm getting another error:
C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821\B1E09708_RM821_059S6R5_3047.0000.1326.2002_068.vpl has invalid signature.
- By K S Nidhin in forum Nokia Lumia 720Replies: 1170Last Post: 06-28-2014, 12:55 PM
- By AhmedEzz in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 9Last Post: 10-12-2013, 12:57 PM
- By VegaNovus in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 65Last Post: 10-02-2013, 02:56 PM
- By Raymond29 in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 5Last Post: 08-29-2013, 12:16 PM
- By CheekyTaurus in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 3Last Post: 08-06-2013, 06:24 PM