Rogers GDR2 Update....Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yev91

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Seeing the WPCentral homepage right now is so depressing, especially with the Nokia Pro Cam.

Lets hope "Coming Soon" is between "Waiting approval" and "Available"...

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Well on another post, sombody and I got the same response from a RogersHelps twitter account that the update was being tested...that was yesterday or the day before...We can only wait for the update...is it here now....nope...LOL!....and now....nope....LOL!

Have never trusted the responses you get from reps, seem mostly designed to misdirect than inform. I'm sure it will be released eventually, this really isn't the update to be excited about, for me anyway. :)

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well. This is not good

Jude Andre Legendre ‏@JudeLegendre 1h
@RogersHelps Availability in North America - Nokia … says lumia amber update "coming soon". Is that sooner than "Waiting for approval"? Any ETA?
Chris @ Rogers ‏@Rogers_Chris 2m
@JudeLegendre Unfortunately no timing is available from our end to share Jude.

SchueyF1

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Well. This is not good

Jude Andre Legendre ‏@JudeLegendre 1h
@RogersHelps Availability in North America - Nokia ? says lumia amber update "coming soon". Is that sooner than "Waiting for approval"? Any ETA?
Chris @ Rogers ‏@Rogers_Chris 2m
@JudeLegendre Unfortunately no timing is available from our end to share Jude.

Even if they had timing I don't think they would share it. They wont say anything official until it is released I bet. Rogers is useless.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Kind of ironic that I switched from a T-Mobile 810 to a Rogers 920 due to the EOL'ing and lack of updates for the former. Meanwhile, the latter is probably going to be the last of the 920s to get this update. Oy!

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Here is the difference between both from Nokia: "@NokiaHelps: @TruPlaya1870 Waiting for approval means the Operator will have to approve the software update first before their user can install it on their devices. While the latter means the update is not yet available. ^NU"

SchueyF1

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Nokia updated the page with what "coming soon" means, which is it is approved and in final pre-release checks. So hopefully very soon.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
If it would be available this afternoon it would really make my day, weekend, week month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL c'mon push the button now!!!!!!

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Man, I'd be psyched if they released it today.....but my hopes aren't high haha. I'm just telling myself it'll come in September so that if it comes any sooner I'll be pleasantly surprised. Rogers always takes their time....

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
If it comes in September I would cry....yep just like a big baby! I know some people are saying that some of us are too impatient about this release but honestly seeing the new updates, options, apps, fixes...etc....I can't wait anymore!!!!!!! ;)

I would really doubt it very much so that it would come in September because Rogers 920 is the only one marked as "Coming soon" which should take a lot less time then the ones that are marked Waiting for approval.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I dont understand why you guys are so pumped or eager to get the update...i mean sure its always fun getting updates is FUN and EXCITING...but we know the additions are just decent. whats everyones biggest excitement for the update?

Mine:
+ Able to use new Nokia Apps
+ Hopefully better battery life
+ SMS/Call blocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member