Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Hey all, like many of you I have been debating whether to go ahead and flash my phone or wait for Rogers to release the GDR2 and Amber Update.

I tried contacting the RogersHelp Twitter and just received this update from one of their reps, Nicolas

In reply to Mister Gore
    Nicolas @ Rogers@RogersNicolas 29m
    @Mister_Gore Hi, the update is now out so you should be able to get it.

So has anyone had any luck or gotten any other info from Rogers? I am wondering if maybe he misunderstood the question lol
    Thanked by:
    Josue9405 likes this.

Global Posts
    429 Global Posts
    Not I. Been checking roughly once per hour too.
    Nokia Lumia 1520 RM-938 w/ 128GB MicroSD card
    Microsoft Surface 2 32GB w/ Type Cover 2

Smartphone History: iPhone 3G 8GB -> iPhone 4 8GB -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Nexus S -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Lumia 900 -> Lumia 920 -> Lumia 1520

My Blog: PixelWin

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...25834/xboxone/

Still nothing...
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Dos101 View Post
    Not I. Been checking roughly once per hour too.
    Glad I'm not the only one. I've never been on WP8 for an update before (I flashed Portico before it would have hit my phone) so I am not sure if they stagger their releases or what the process is.

I keep wanting to flash it, then with the whole emulator drama saga I've been going back and forth. The only thing that would upset me is losing all my game progress for my Xbox Live games, which I openly admit to having too many of, but if I can avoid that I will. The other part of me wants to flash it as I am helping with the EmiPSX beta and having problems and wondering if starting fresh will help with that.

Saw some of his tweets. like you said, either he does not understand or it is gradually getting delivered?

Global Posts
    429 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Gore View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one. I've never been on WP8 for an update before (I flashed Portico before it would have hit my phone) so I am not sure if they stagger their releases or what the process is.

I keep wanting to flash it, then with the whole emulator drama saga I've been going back and forth. The only thing that would upset me is losing all my game progress for my Xbox Live games, which I openly admit to having too many of, but if I can avoid that I will. The other part of me wants to flash it as I am helping with the EmiPSX beta and having problems and wondering if starting fresh will help with that.
    It shouldn't be a staggered release. When the Portico update was released I got it right away, as did my friends. I think there is some miscommunication within Rogers as to when it is releasing, he might be thinking be thinking of the Ativ S update. As SchueyF1 said, he has other tweets saying the same thing to people, so maybe he is just confused here.

Smartphone History: iPhone 3G 8GB -> iPhone 4 8GB -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Nexus S -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Lumia 900 -> Lumia 920 -> Lumia 1520

Quote Originally Posted by Dos101 View Post
    It shouldn't be a staggered release. When the Portico update was released I got it right away, as did my friends. I think there is some miscommunication within Rogers as to when it is releasing, he might be thinking be thinking of the Ativ S update. As SchueyF1 said, he has other tweets saying the same thing to people, so maybe he is just confused here.
    Yeah, you're right about Portico. Either the switch hasn't been flipped yet or he is thinking of the Ativ :(

Based on how everyone who asked has called him out and the account has gone quiet, I think we have our answer unfortunately.

Rogers reps are often clueless when it comes to WP8, so I think this guy is talking about the GDR2 release for ATIV
    jojapath likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by borasar View Post
    Rogers reps are often clueless when it comes to WP8, so I think this guy is talking about the GDR2 release for ATIV
    Which is really sad since every single tweet specifically mentions the 920 lol

Yep I guess he thinks that the question was with the AtivS since I've asked Rogershelp and Nicholas replied saying it was out. But in my question I've asked the Ambrr update which is only to the Nokia devices.....no update for me yet.

Nothing... Lumia 920 RM-820 Unlocked Rogers :C

Anxiously waiting for this update. I just hope DATA SENSE will be included. I read on other forums that Rogers didn't include DATA SENSE in the Samsung AtivS GDR2 update...

I saw that some people had to hard reset for it to show up....

Quote Originally Posted by TruPlaya187 View Post
    Yeah! Saw that too. Can you imagine... What a flaw !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jojapath View Post
    Yeah! Saw that too. Can you imagine... What a flaw !!!
    yep!!! Lol

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Where did you see this?
    Josue9405 likes this.

Brutal. No way I'm doing that. It has been a long time since I have done a hard reset and I don't feel like losing my data. I just hope it comes soon, pretty anxious for it :)

Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    Where did you see this?
    Read the comments here:
    GDR2 update pushing out today for Bell, Rogers and Telus Samsung ATIV S users | Windows Phone Central

Source? If that was the case why not just flash the phone then?

Global Posts
    429 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jojapath View Post
    Anxiously waiting for this update. I just hope DATA SENSE will be included. I read on other forums that Rogers didn't include DATA SENSE in the Samsung AtivS GDR2 update...
    I honestly wouldn't count on Data Sense being supported. So far only Bell is supporting it, and Rogers really doesn't seem to give a s**t about their Windows Phone users.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Gore View Post
    Which is really sad since every single tweet specifically mentions the 920 lol
    I would say what's even sadder is that Rogers is supposed to be a premium Windows Phone partner. I guess to be premium partner it doesn't take much (still no visual voicemail support, no Data Sense, no Nokia Music carrier billing, uninformed reps).

Ok, I'm done my rant for today lol.

borasar and jojapath like this.

Doing the hard reset to get Data Sense might just be a Samsung issue. No point assuming that the same will be the case for the 920

I've gotten another response from the rep and he and me have DMed info back and forth. Will post an update as soon as I get more info. Who knows, maybe it will be out sooner than we thought?
    Thanked by:
    Josue9405 likes this.

I called customer support today and they said there are updates for Windows Phone for the Nokia Lumia 920 on August 8 and October 17.
    The Amber update will be released on August 8 and I think their next update, which is GDR3, will be released on October 17th

Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    Doing the hard reset to get Data Sense might just be a Samsung issue. No point assuming that the same will be the case for the 920
    Well, even though I'm kind of anxious of getting this update, I'm not gonna be the first one to install it. I'll wait and see and if it is also the case, I'll just wait for a fix.

There is no way I'll hard reset my phone and loose all my settings etc...
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast