Is my Nokia Lumia 920 Branded or unBranded now?

EngineerTuna

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I've read the similar threads but its not that clear.

I bought my Lumia 920 at November 2012 Turkcell (carrier) variant by cash. I haven't got any contract. And using it with my Vodafone TR (carrier) sim-card.
My Lumia 920 was bricked. And i sent it to service (KVK). They replaced its motherboard so imei has changed.

Now i was wondering if my phone is branded or not?
Here is screenshot of my about page:

Untitled-1.pngwp_ss_20130808_0004.png

Last edited:

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
change motherboard = new phone. If they tuck in a generic motherboard then it will be unbranded. Anyways you can test it out with a prepaid sim.

EngineerTuna

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
change motherboard = new phone. If they tuck in a generic motherboard then it will be unbranded. Anyways you can test it out with a prepaid sim.

I can use any carriers sim-card. Is that mean my 920 is unbranded? And i can get Amber update sooner than Turkcell's distribution?

pantsaregood

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
The only conclusive statement that can be made from the information provided is that your device is carrier unlocked. This has no bearing on your phone being branded - I could unlock my Lumia 920, but it would still be AT&T branded.

EngineerTuna

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
The only conclusive statement that can be made from the information provided is that your device is carrier unlocked. This has no bearing on your phone being branded - I could unlock my Lumia 920, but it would still be AT&T branded.

I just added extras ss. That means i have to wait longer than i expect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo