Lumia 920 and MMS On Aio Wireless

ladydias

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello all. I hope I am posting this in the right section. Just wanted to give a tip to anyone who was considering bringing or has brought their Lumia 920 over to Aio Wireless and is running into problems with their MMS. I just switched over today and was pulling my hair out trying to get my picture messaging to work. Both my husband and I went though all of the settings and changed the apn and the like trying to get it to work, we even managed to dig up the QR code to get the missing Access Point settings on the phone (the phone is locked to ATT) but to no avail.

After hours of trying to get it to work properly, we promptly felt like kicking ourselves when we came across a site that gave the simple solution of deleting the settings entirely to enable the default settings to kick in. We deleted the settings and miracle of miracles, the MMS works now. I just wanted to throw this tip out there, especially for anyone who is on a prepaid system as you have likely modified your apn settings at some point.

BTW, for those who have Access Point missing, this is the link with the QR code to download it Nokia Windows Phone 8 App Updates - Nokia Support Discussions. :smile:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to WPCentral. :smile:

I'm glad you were able to get MMS working on Aio Wireless. Your post will also be helpful for other people who have that carrier.

ladydias

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad to be of help. I apologize for not posting a formal introduction. Usually I comment on the news articles but this is my first time in the forums.

dprus

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Can you tell me how you were able to "delete the settings entirely"? Other than a soft reset of the phone I can't figure out how to delete the existing AT&T APN settings even from within the "Access Point" app.

Thanks.

myrandex

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Any update on the question on how to delete settings? I have a Lumia 822 that I helped a friend get up and running on AIO. Everything works but receiving MMS (she can send fine).

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon