Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtzako

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Texts would be restored when you sign in after initial set-up. You can redownload paid and free apps, but they won't be reinstalled automatically. All app data (app settings/game progress, etc) would be lost. However, Windowsphone.com has a page that tells you what apps you've downloaded, which makes reinstalling them easier.

After I logged back in w/ my Microsoft account it actually put icons for all my old apps with a 'pending' indicator. All I had to do is go through and click them and start downloading. As far as I can tell I did not loose anything other than certain in-app info like game scores etc.

el Jono

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-820\RM-820_059Q6W4_1232.2109.1242.1002_039.vpl has invalid signature. I am getting this error when starting the roger rom for flashing. Can some one assist me ??

Henrique Licori

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Managed to get Amber and to be rid of AT&T, thanks a lot! But one more question, I couldn't restore from backup when I was setting it up on the french rom due to my data plan. Is there a way to restore it now?

el Jono

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I got through after all just finished my first stage with having rogers rom thanks again will say when I completed amber update.

el Jono

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
so successfully running the amber update but lost xbox stuff did I do something wrong or is this expected ???

Last edited:

asiancuta

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Managed to get Amber and to be rid of AT&T, thanks a lot! But one more question, I couldn't restore from backup when I was setting it up on the french rom due to my data plan. Is there a way to restore it now?

i did the same thing. i think we were supposed to login to Microsoft Live when it FIRST asks during the initial setup after flashing the final rom. i ended having to add my accounts and logged into windowsphone.com and just told it to reinstall each previously installed app under the Purchae Hsitory. a little of a p.i.a., but hey..you have Amber now! :)

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
i did the same thing. i think we were supposed to login to Microsoft Live when it FIRST asks during the initial setup after flashing the final rom. i ended having to add my accounts and logged into windowsphone.com and just told it to reinstall each previously installed app under the Purchae Hsitory. a little of a p.i.a., but hey..you have Amber now! :)
This is correct.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-820\RM-820_059Q6W4_1232.2109.1242.1002_039.vpl has invalid signature. I am getting this error when starting the roger rom for flashing. Can some one assist me ??
May have had an issue with your download. Re-download the .ZIP file and try it again. Maybe try deleting and re-creating the Packages and Products folders as well.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to thank Juan for the nice write-up. I've been on the Rogers Amber/GDR2 for a week now and couldn't be any happier. I have absolutely no issues. Great battery life, no connection issues and all the extras work as advertised. I don't give a rat's a s s on the warranty I may have lost by doing this.
thank you

cya ATT

Last edited:

buddha747

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am planning on flashing either Rogers or the Att dev rom, but I read through almost the entire thing, and I couldn't find a clear answer on tethering. So does tethering definitely work on any of the roms?

Thanks

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I am planning on flashing either Rogers or the Att dev rom, but I read through almost the entire thing, and I couldn't find a clear answer on tethering. So does tethering definitely work on any of the roms?

Thanks

I do not recommend the att dev rom. Snickler at xda had stability and connection issues and switched to Rogers and all issues disappeared. From what I've read tethering works on all of them, however the Rogers and att rom are not robust. Many loose tethering whenever they go into the access point app. The only way to get it back is hard reset. Tethering on a plan without paid tethering works on the French rom. It does not work on the Rogers with any of the tricks, unless you have a plan with tethering, but as soon as you go into access point settings you lose it. Hope that helps.

mamoranto

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
What are the max volume on Kid's Corner on other ROMs? I have Euro Dev and I only get 13 max volume? Thanks in advance. FYI, it's hard to let go of Euro Dev since my tethering is working for free.

Abelardo Dauhajre

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm having problems installing Nokia Care Suite, the Microsoft programs requested by the installer when I try to install them I get an Error 1935. I've tried to find solutions for this with no luck.

Then I try to do the installation on a Windows 7 machine but when it's going to install NCS first it asks for a user name and then starts the installation and I get a message that installation was interrupted.

Any help will be appreciated.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm having problems installing Nokia Care Suite, the Microsoft programs requested by the installer when I try to install them I get an Error 1935. I've tried to find solutions for this with no luck.

Then I try to do the installation on a Windows 7 machine but when it's going to install NCS first it asks for a user name and then starts the installation and I get a message that installation was interrupted.

Any help will be appreciated.

try this. This has links to possibly missing MS distribution packs as well. Note that the package you downloaded has a usergroupsconfiguration.cfg file that you need to copy into C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0 (remove (x86 if you are on an x86 OS).
also read this thread that has some suggestions.

Abelardo Dauhajre

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I will try it. Anyways, I went ahead and installed NCS on an XP machine and got it running. Now the Nokia folder does not contains a Package folder, needless to say a Product folder, so I created both and moved the rm-820 and rm-821 to the product folder.

Now when in step 5 couldn't get the NCS to recognize the (rm-820).

Any suggestions in case I'm not able to get it running on the Windows 8 machine

asiancuta

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I will try it. Anyways, I went ahead and installed NCS on an XP machine and got it running. Now the Nokia folder does not contains a Package folder, needless to say a Product folder, so I created both and moved the rm-820 and rm-821 to the product folder.

Now when in step 5 couldn't get the NCS to recognize the (rm-820).

seems you "Extracted All" from the zip. It unfortunately places the correct folder within a folder of it's same name (example: c:\rm-820\rm-820\). simply go one additional folder in from RM-820 (outside the Nokia software) and copy THAT subfolder. do the same for the RM-821. restart the nokia software and boom...get to flashing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte