Well I've got a dilemma, and I'd like to get you're feedback.
I have a Unlocked Rogers Black L920, with FW 1314.
I used to live in Canada, but am now back in France (on SFR network if that matters).
I really want the Amber update!!
I have a feeling that since I'm not on Rogers network anymore, I won't ever get the OTA update (SFR doesn't carry the L920), am I right?
I'm also having a feeling that my connectivity in France is not what it could be (not as good as what I experienced on Rogers), could a EU rom improve on that?
I don't care for any crapware from Rogers, plus would like to get DataSense and other features that might not be available on any of Rogers roms.
So, I'm pondering the decision to flash my phone using one of the guides found on the forum:
A few concerns though:
- Is it confirmed that flashing a RM820 to RM821, there's no way back? (or is there
- France only has 4G at the moment, but I travel to Canada often and don't really want to give up on LTE.
- I really need for all features to work (SMS/MMS, etc...) and not to loose my Sim unlock (from what I gather, it's ok, but I want to make sure)
- I understand that there's a chance that I won't get further OTA after flashing, is that correct?
- Is there any app limitations that I should know about on a flashed phone? (here
What do you guys think?
Should I flash?
What would be the best Rom for my case in you opinion?
If I go through, in my case since I'm already on Rogers's 1314, am I right in thinking that I can just go directly to flashing an Amber rom?
Many thanks in advance for any useful feedback!!