AT&T Lumia 920 Amber Update via Rogers Dev ROM

hfcas

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
059R2L5 RM-820 AT&T DEVELOPER DEVICE BLK

The code actually is for Build 920. Since I have one, I can confirm that. I have no idea if it has anything to do with AT&T. And just flashed it and it worked fine.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
059R2L5 RM-820 AT&T DEVELOPER DEVICE BLK

The code actually is for Build 920. Since I have one, I can confirm that. I have no idea if it has anything to do with AT&T. And just flashed it and it worked fine.

059R2L5 RM-820 AT&T DEVELOPER DEVICE BLK has a "RM820_1232.5957.1308.0001_RETAIL_nam_canada_246_01_154187_prd_signed.ffu" file. To me it has more common with RM-820 Roger version than with AT&T

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Sounds very promising. I have the files downloaded and ready to go, frankly if I don't miss out on any firmware updates I think I'll be okay in the future

shindou26

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I was able to flash to the AT&T dev rom. I had to flash to Rogers Pre-Portico first and then update it. After that I was able to simply flash the AT&T dev rom. I tried flashing it when the phone was on Pre-Portico, but it didn't work and I got the "FFU file is not meant for this product" error.

You have instructions to flash with AT&T dev rom?

I keep getting this error with the ATT dev rom when trying to flash:
0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

His instructions weren't for free tethering, but how to get Internet Sharing to work.

his instructions for getting free tethering aren't even correct, don't trust anything that fool says.

da1stprince

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I just successfully flashed a rogers pre portico rom onto my att L920 and flashed back to my original stock rom because for some reason I couldn't flash the att amber dev rom (kept getting ID invalid errors) and because I tried to do this so early in the morning and have to go to work in a few hours I needed my phone working so, I went back to stock att rom and successfully restored everything pre flash status... it looks like the key to successfully flashing back to stock is not to do any o.t.a. updates in the Rogers rom!!,hope this helps anyone interested.

da1stprince

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I was able to flash to the AT&T dev rom. I had to flash to Rogers Pre-Portico first and then update it. After that I was able to simply flash the AT&T dev rom. I tried flashing it when the phone was on Pre-Portico, but it didn't work and I got the "FFU file is not meant for this product" error.

guess this is why I couldn't flash up to amber from pre portico rogers rom..ota updates looks to be necessary to advance any further..after that, maybe no return to stock rom after that...ill try this later and try to roll back to stock again

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I just successfully flashed a rogers pre portico rom onto my att L920 and flashed back to my original stock rom because for some reason I couldn't flash the att amber dev rom (kept getting ID invalid errors) and because I tried to do this so early in the morning and have to go to work in a few hours I needed my phone working so, I went back to stock att rom and successfully restored everything pre flash status... it looks like the key to successfully flashing back to stock is not to do any o.t.a. updates in the Rogers rom!!,hope this helps anyone interested.

You're right. that's the key to successfully flash back.

It was also discussed in this thread.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have trouble entering following information
Didn't you read my reply to your post in the other thread?

in short:
look closely at this post. You need to enter the code for your phone. This depends on what region/color your phone is or what rom you want to flash to it. The post I linked is for US-ATT.
You can find a list of codes here. Enter the code you wish to flash and it will fill the rest of the cells.

then download your package from here. Remember to remove the CRC code from the beginning of the filenames once you downloaded them.
This post shows you what the files should look like and were they should be located for flashing.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss