Amber update

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
You need to wait for 29 Days 13 Hrs 46 Minutes and 12 Seconds Precisely from this post for the Update. :confused:

(PUN Intended)

... then on top of that.. make that an additional 30 + days 12 hours 52 minutes and 10 seconds for the carrier to "THINK" whether they should release it or not.

Vistaus

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I really want the OTA for the 720 but there's not even a ROM leak for the 720 :(
My mum has the 820 so I guess she will get it when the 920 OTA starts rolling out because it was leaked at the same time as the 820...

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yep,not cool. I guess that realistically we should except the update in September, hopefully in the first week.

My only consolation is that this time maybe they will thoroughly test the update to make sure everything works great.

Ftruck90

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
holy ****!! that `s not cool, nokia, not cool at all. and some time ago nokia said that MS is too slow for them. o rlly?!

So much this. When I read that statement from Bryan Biniak I almost couldn't help but laugh at the hypocrisy. Samsung and HTC have both pushed out GDR2.0 updates. Sure Nokia adds their own extras to the software but that was done for the 1020 and the 925 and the 920 and 928 hardware is basically exactly the same, and they still have the hide to call Microsoft "too slow".

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
If you're so unhappy with Nokia's "slowness" buy a Samsung or htc and ignore the fact that the first release of the update bricked HTC devices and when Samsung released their update you had to hard reset to get some if the features which in both cases indicates a faulty update that is probably being tested more rigorously by Nokia and the carriers. AND also ignore the fact that the update actually isn't being widely distributed by anyone, but sure, lets call Nokia slow. /s

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
If you're so unhappy with Nokia's "slowness" buy a Samsung or htc and ignore the fact that the first release of the update bricked HTC devices and when Samsung released their update you had to hard reset to get some if the features which in both cases indicates a faulty update that is probably being tested more rigorously by Nokia and the carriers. AND also ignore the fact that the update actually isn't being widely distributed by anyone, but sure, lets call Nokia slow. /s

One question. If I flash and it works. Then the OTA come out, same version different build due to what ever. Will I got to update again?

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

well, you have a point there but then again; there`s a rumor out there that amber will be coming out on september, not on october as they previously stated. maybe it`s hoax but then again maybe it`s true... this is kinda frustrating dont you agree? i don`t like being left in the dark all i want is a specific date and official, nothing more nothing less

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
well, you have a point there but then again; there`s a rumor out there that amber will be coming out on september, not on october as they previously stated. maybe it`s hoax but then again maybe it`s true... this is kinda frustrating dont you agree? i don`t like being left in the dark all i want is a specific date and official, nothing more nothing less

This. It is not frustrating to wait for the update if you know when it is coming! If we get to know the date then complaining will stop. This week? Next week? Early September?

Ftruck90

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

I don't so much mind the waiting, I have other phones I can play with, my issue is purely with Nokia calling Microsoft slow when they themselves are not exactly speedy. If it takes them 4 months to receive an OS update and make the small changes required to push it out to their existing hardware they can hardly persecute Microsoft for taking as long as they do to actually develop the actual OS updates.

and once again - 1020 and 925 share almost exactly the same hardware as the 920 and 928. So getting the same update out really shouldn't be too big a deal.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
If it takes 4 months to receive the update isn't that on Microsoft ? And if you think the changes in Amber are small then the changes in GDR2 itself are miniscule in comparison and Microsoft shouldn't have taken months to deliver it to OEMs.

And the 925 & 1020 share the exact same hardware but there is a world of difference between releasing a new software update with new hardware than updating existing hardware that already runs an earlier version of the software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett