Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    802 Global Posts
    What is the history with these roms? Has anyone been on it since portico or pre-portico, and if you were, did you get an OTA update to AMBER/GDR2 as soon as it was leaked on NCS?

Global Posts
    33,003 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    It usually takes a while before the carriers officially release updates. You might want to follow the WPCentral blogs, since the writers usually mention when carriers roll out official updates.

Global Posts
    802 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura Knotek View Post
    It usually takes a while before the carriers officially release updates. You might want to follow the WPCentral blogs, since the writers usually mention when carriers roll out official updates.
    No, I'm wondering about the people who flashed their ATT phones with European AMBER dev roms and can never go back to ATT. Will they be able to get the next update, i.e. GDR3/blue? I'm wondering if they might get stuck on GDR2 since they can't revert to a stock rom anymore.

Global Posts
    288 Global Posts
    Please, anybody answer this question, because I'm interested in flashing the Euro Dev ROM on my 920 and I'm worried about these updates.. :P
    Nokia Lumia 920 - Yellow @ WP 8.1 Developer Preview

PIN
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by Moiz Mian View Post
    What is the history with these roms? Has anyone been on it since portico or pre-portico, and if you were, did you get an OTA update to AMBER/GDR2 as soon as it was leaked on NCS?
    It is my understanding that the Dev roms will not get OTA updates as these are not official. I believe the French rom is an official unbranded rom so it should get OTA updates. Now, I'm not 100% sure about this though. But the way I see it, if you're willing to flash to get the GDR2/Amber update, why wouldn't you be willing to flash to get the GDR3/Bittersweet Shimmer update??

I am currently running the GDR2 AT&T Dev rom, so as soon as the GDR3/BS update is available in an unbranded rom, I will be flashing it right away.
    Windows - Surface RT

Windows Phone - Dell Venue Pro | Nokia Lumia 920 | Nokia Lumia 1520

Windows Mobile - i-mate SP5 | HTC 8525 | HTC Touch HD

I flashed back in the waiting for Amber days I don't know if I flashed EU dev or French unbranded Amber but I got even the latest Dec. 21, 2013 update. I'm at 8.0.10521.155. Has anyone reflashed because the novelty of Nokia mix radio being 100 different French mixes has worn off? Anyway to change region of mix radio and get different content without a flash?