Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: How long does your Nokia Lumia 920 's battery last?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - 3 hours

3 2.16%
  • 4 - 6 hours

6 4.32%
  • 7 - 9 hours

13 9.35%
  • 10 - 12 hours

15 10.79%
  • 13 - 14 hours

14 10.07%
  • 15 - 16 hours

16 11.51%
  • 18 - 19 hours

6 4.32%
  • 20 - 22 hours

16 11.51%
  • 12 - 24 hours

21 15.11%
  • One whole day (24hr) and more

29 20.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Howdy my fellow Nokia Lumia 920 owners with and without GDR2 (Amber) update . (too bad for me still waiting for it to be launched officially :P)
    How do you feel about L920's battery life ? Does it satisfy you all day long? ;) no pun intended or maybe
    Do vote on this poll and let the world know. Don't worry its a secret ballot :P :D

I don't know exactly how much it has improved, but now I'm getting more battery life than before, because at the end the day, before amber, it left some 75% remaining, with practically zero usage, now I'm getting the same with a lot of usage (screen on, internet browsing, etc).
    papgo likes this.

My battery life is somewhat erratic. Most days i get considerable mileage from a charge. Somedays its really bad. Halo kills it pretty quick :(

All in im pleased, and with normal use i can squeeze a day and a half.
    papgo likes this.

my 920 lasted around 10hours before amber, now it lasts around 16hours - 18hours, In love for this update!
    papgo likes this.

40 hours (two day and one night) is normal. Sometimes it can even last for 64 hours (three days and two nights)
    Nokia Lumia 920 Black
    Since Nov. 13, 2012

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    After Amber update, I clicked around 100 pics and 2-3 long videos and also streamed music to my xbox for 1 hour or so and my battery lost just 20%. I think Amber has definitely improve the battery backup!
    papgo likes this.

Before Portico update I had a drain of ~12-15% per hour (8-9 h usage) and did not get app updates ever. Surely two bugs, maybe related.
    After installing Portico (refurbish), I did some testing. Without apps installed, I got > 40 h usage with WiFi and BT active, 4 Email accounts with push notifications. Most apps (~80 installed successively) did not change that. At some point I had to install the messengers (WhatsApp, Skype and Viber) and a bunch of other apps for travelling (weather etc.) at the same time, and since then I am at ~12-16 h usage (no full day). I say, some apps with live tiles / push messages behave badly. Don't know which ones.

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Before Amber: Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Anywhere from 10 to 22 hours with no discernible difference in usage patterns.

I'm hoping for more stability in battery life as well as simple things like data retention from Amber.
    papgo likes this.

FYI: My 920 on Rogers (Canada eh) gets poor batt life if I leave cellular set on automatic (10% per hour), and even worse if roam is enabled (15% per hour). Set to don't roam + specific network though and i'm good for at least 48 hours with mild use, much much longer if it's just doing e-mail checks.
    papgo likes this.
    Can we be more specific with this? Are we talking on a rundown test or what? I've never actually had my phone die on me, with the lowest it ever got in the 25-30% range. I mostly use my device for music and some games, and almost always have all of the extra stuff (cellular, GPS, NFC) turned off and the brightness on auto. I'd say that the average rated battery life on my 920 is in the range of 24-36 hours when I'm not using it too much, with it lasting just over 2 hours in the one rundown test I did on my device.

On average I'm getting 20-22 hours with moderate usage.
    papgo likes this.

it has been runnin 22 hours right now, 11 to go :) cant complain!
    Jazmac and papgo like this.

I'm good with what I get from my battery based on what I do with my 920. Having said that, I'm under no delusions that Amber will improve my battery. It would be great if it did but its not my expectation. My hope is that Amber doesn't make life worse and the devs that may need to modify their code for Amber do so.
    Thanked by:
    papgo 

Quote Originally Posted by WPer View Post
    40 hours (two day and one night) is normal. Sometimes it can even last for 64 hours (three days and two nights)
    Are you serious?? O.O
    What is your charging pattern and your daily activity on the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by chuba1 View Post
    Before Portico update I had a drain of ~12-15% per hour (8-9 h usage) and did not get app updates ever. Surely two bugs, maybe related.
    After installing Portico (refurbish), I did some testing. Without apps installed, I got > 40 h usage with WiFi and BT active, 4 Email accounts with push notifications. Most apps (~80 installed successively) did not change that. At some point I had to install the messengers (WhatsApp, Skype and Viber) and a bunch of other apps for travelling (weather etc.) at the same time, and since then I am at ~12-16 h usage (no full day). I say, some apps with live tiles / push messages behave badly. Don't know which ones.
    Thanks for the in depth, am sure this will help many of us to manage our battery's life. Can I know which handset your using for the above concussions?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    Can we be more specific with this? Are we talking on a rundown test or what? I've never actually had my phone die on me, with the lowest it ever got in the 25-30% range. I mostly use my device for music and some games, and almost always have all of the extra stuff (cellular, GPS, NFC) turned off and the brightness on auto. I'd say that the average rated battery life on my 920 is in the range of 24-36 hours when I'm not using it too much, with it lasting just over 2 hours in the one rundown test I did on my device.
    We are talking about a the battery life experience of NL920 on day to day bases. Giving us an overview of the NL920 user experience right from a regular user like me to power user in terms of battery life.

I'm on Amber. It last around 18 to 20 hours for me. My usage is: Data connection for 2 hours, wifi on for 8 hours while using it actively for around 3 to 4 hours, few calls, little camera usage, 30 minutes of Here Maps, a lot of texting.

Global Posts
    1,617 Global Posts
    I'm on AT&T and I refuse to flash my phone, so no GDR2 for me. I charge my phone at night; I pull it off the charger at about 5:30 AM, and put it back on the charger at about 10:30 PM with 25-40% charge depending on the day's use.

Is there any specific reason that you don't wanna flash it? I flashed it within the 6 hours of buying it. For some reason nokia had the 4G disabled in Indian ROM, thus i flashed with a Aussie ROM. No problem so far.

Global Posts
    1,617 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Pixel View Post
    Is there any specific reason that you don't wanna flash it?
    I've bricked far too many devices in my time. :) As long as my 920 keeps working as it's been working, I'm happy to wait for AT&T to push the update out.

Global Posts
    1,378 Global Posts
    my battery was going awesome before Amber, usually 30-36 hours on single charge...however since yesterdays update its dying quicker.
    Nexus 5 -- Surface Pro 2

Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    I've bricked far too many devices in my time. :) As long as my 920 keeps working as it's been working, I'm happy to wait for AT&T to push the update out.
    Hahaha, Yeah I've been there too. Bricked my X6 when i was new to the flashing ROMS. It was dead for 3 days when someone on dailymobile forum helped me through with step by step info via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chezm View Post
    my battery was going awesome before Amber, usually 30-36 hours on single charge...however since yesterdays update its dying quicker.
    Glance and double tap to unlock are a little taxing on 920. You might wanna check if there are some new services running in background.

AT&T, so still waiting for that darn update :P

on a good day, ill average somewhere around 19 hours.
    some times ill use it a tiny bit more than normal, giving me somewhere around 10-15 hours. 16 tops.

hopefully ill be looking at 19 hours of decent usage, and around 24 on little usage after this update

Before update the battery used to last 16-18hrs ,usage pattern -10 calls per day, 10 times mail checking, after update it is lasting only 10-12 hrs, why??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast