New 920's shipping with GDR2/Amber?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Not that I know of...I wouldn't choose your phone based on whether they have the update or not. They are all going to get it, so you shouldn't limit yourself.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Probably not.

I don't see why having GDR2 out of the box would/wouldn't make you consider the 920. It will receive GDR2 OTA in the coming days or weeks and you could probably flash the firmware as soon as you take it out of the box if you're that desperate for it.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Probably not.

I don't see why having GDR2 out of the box would/wouldn't make you consider the 920. It will receive GDR2 OTA in the coming days or weeks and you could probably flash the firmware as soon as you take it out of the box if you're that desperate for it.

I've been around long enough to believe it when I see it. I will NEVER assume a device is going to get an update no matter who tells me it will. The 920 without the update, to me, is not good enough. I will continue to wait as I'm mostly happy with my Quantum.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Probably not.

I've been around long enough to believe it when I see it. I will NEVER assume a device is going to get an update no matter who tells me it will. The 920 without the update, to me, is not good enough. I will continue to wait as I'm mostly happy with my Quantum.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
As far as I can tell no. Why not go for 925 or the 1020?
I am considering the 1020, but it's still too high at $250. I will not pay full price for the 925 to use on ATT. The 920 is down to $40 and I imagine will be "free" in not too much time. I need to stay on ATT because of my family plan. Plus, I like that the 920 comes with wireless charging built in instead of needing a shell like the 1020. I can handle the extra whopping milligrams of weight and millimeters of extra thickness....

umang_k91

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I am considering the 1020, but it's still too high at $250. I will not pay full price for the 925 to use on ATT. The 920 is down to $40 and I imagine will be "free" in not too much time. I need to stay on ATT because of my family plan. Plus, I like that the 920 comes with wireless charging built in instead of needing a shell like the 1020. I can handle the extra whopping milligrams of weight and millimeters of extra thickness....

id say wait for the next generation of phones to be launched with GDR 3, and buy them. This is not a good time to buy a phone with a new one expected in 2 months. unless of course u want it for the price cut.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism