Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thought it would be a good idea for us UK users to be able to compile all information in one thread.
    Has anyone received the update yet? If so what network?

I've asked EE for information in a few places but they don't seem very forthcoming. The one bit of information I have read doesn't seem very promising at all (taken from FB)...

EE
    Hi XXXXX, we do not currently have any news on updates for the Nokia 920 but we will make any updates available as soon as possible for download via Nokia Zune.
    Like Reply 13 August at 17:16

On Three network and very quite :(
    Developer

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Nokia Zune ? What the f ?

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I wouldn't trust ee as far as I could throw them, they've had my 920 in for repair for weeks now, and this is the second time, they don't know their arse from their elbow :mad:

Sent from the event horizon of a quantum singularity :D

I went through similar, they had it a month. They didn't update the information on the Repair Tracker either so I constantly had to go in and out of the shop and make calls to find out the status.

According to Availability in Europe - Nokia it's available for Vodafone, can anyone confirm this?

looking forward for the EE release.

Vodafone uk, and i have update😊 l920
    Developer

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Still waiting for the EE update, :( I flashed the French Amber ROM, and it's working great so far, although I assume the EE update will be offered to my phone soon, :)
    EE- Lumia 920 Black - GDR3 Preview
    Vodafone - Lumia 925 Black - GDR/Amber
    Vodafone - Lumia 520 Yellow - GDR3 Preview

My own room for chatting if anyone is interested...
    http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.coldfront.net/wpc_chat

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I have a sim free version of the 920 which I assume is the "country variant" shown on the update page. The update page is nice to have, but without knowing what the different categories are, it is not very helpful. Still, the have said all updates will be available by the end of September, which is soon enough to keep me from flashing some Rom of t'internet!

Its a long wait, i want it now.

Vodafone UK, currently "Preparing to install 20%"

Quote Originally Posted by GShenanigan View Post
    Vodafone UK, currently "Preparing to install 20%"
    Given that I'm on Vodafone, I'm becoming increasingly inclined to just flash a Vodafone firmware. At least then I wouldn't have the worry of whether 4g compatibility will be activated...
    Do you long for a little app that would change your day? Let me know!

"Waiting for Approval" on the country variant? Guess that means unbranded-unlocked will be last to receive again then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Kane View Post
    "Waiting for Approval" on the country variant? Guess that means unbranded-unlocked will be last to receive again then.
    Brilliant and bloody typical!!

:-(

You would have surely thought that the unbranded ones should have got the update first, or am I being silly?

If even they would give us a rough date....I hate the uncertainty of not knowing when/if I'll get the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by polomint View Post
    Still waiting for the EE update, :( I flashed the French Amber ROM, and it's working great so far, although I assume the EE update will be offered to my phone soon, :)
    I'm afraid you assume wrong, you will now only be offered future updates for whatever French ROM you have used when they are available, and not any future EE ROM updates.

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Everingham View Post
    I'm afraid you assume wrong, you will now only be offered future updates for whatever French ROM you have used when they are available, and not any future EE ROM updates.
    I think he means it will be available to flash soon, and nor expecting to get EE updates with French ROM

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by agd87 View Post
    According to Availability in Europe - Nokia it's available for Vodafone, can anyone confirm this?

looking forward for the EE release.
    Sorry, i'm from Argentina, it says "Waiting for approval"

Whats the difference between Waiting for approval and Coming Soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Everingham View Post
    or most likely not get any more OTA. If your product code is different to the ROM you've flashed, chances are your phone won't be recognised anymore for any OTA.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Quote Originally Posted by Verner View Post
    Brilliant and bloody typical!!

:-(

You would have surely thought that the unbranded ones should have got the update first, or am I being silly?

If even they would give us a rough date....I hate the uncertainty of not knowing when/if I'll get the update.
    Yeah I'm surprised unlocked-unbranded aren't the first to receive this update really but in another way I'm not surprised to be honest, it happened with portico too, the update was just randomly available.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Piferrer View Post
    Sorry, i'm from Argentina, it says "Waiting for approval"

Whats the difference between Waiting for approval and Coming Soon?
    I'd assume that "Coming Soon" meant that it had been approved and will be distributed soon-ish™.

its like the Whatsapp update queue again..

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    or most likely not get any more OTA. If your product code is different to the ROM you've flashed, chances are your phone won't be recognised anymore for any OTA.
    Not really true, you will get updates for the rom you have installed. I have just flashed the UK Vodafone Portico rom onto my CV GB handset and straight away I have been notified of the Vodafone GDR2/ Amber update!
    I always like to install an earlier version from NCS and then let the latest version install OTA, that way it proves you will get future updates!

when the CV GB update is out I will probably go back to that assuming it has 4G enabled.

PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewkeith5 View Post
    Given that I'm on Vodafone, I'm becoming increasingly inclined to just flash a Vodafone firmware. At least then I wouldn't have the worry of whether 4g compatibility will be activated...
    How did the update go?
    Can We Auto-Correct Humanity?

Centralised folder for game data + saves, which in turn is backed upto the cloud.

User voice vote link

Vote here for smart dialing!!!

User voice vote link for smart dialing

Vote for Jen Taylors voice in english speaking countries (my ears are still bleeding after listening to UK version of Cortana ) :
    User Voice link

Forum Thread

PIN
    Email
    I am starting to think the reason why unbranded devices take longer to update its probably because it goes through all the carriers to approve?

As majority of the country variants still indicates (here Availability in Europe - Nokia ) "Waiting for Approval".. otherwise OEMs should be pushing out the updates for unbranded devices first unless I guess they are still testing it themselves.
    Can We Auto-Correct Humanity?

Centralised folder for game data + saves, which in turn is backed upto the cloud.

User voice vote link

Vote here for smart dialing!!!

User voice vote link for smart dialing

Vote for Jen Taylors voice in english speaking countries (my ears are still bleeding after listening to UK version of Cortana ) :
    User Voice link

Forum Thread

I'm hoping that they release the EE update in less than a week because I'll be going on holidays and would like the Pro Camera app...

I have a question: I unlocked my EE L920 so does that mean I have to wait for the EE update to be pushed out or do I go with the "unbranded unlocked country variant" update?

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coldside View Post
    I'm hoping that they release the EE update in less than a week because I'll be going on holidays and would like the Pro Camera app...

I have a question: I unlocked my EE L920 so does that mean I have to wait for the EE update to be pushed out or do I go with the "unbranded unlocked country variant" update?
    I'm in the same shoes as you are, having an unlocked 920. You still will have to wait for the EE update, although its unlocked, the firmware is still EE's so the phone will still follow EE's update schedule.....unfortunately
Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast