Official Lumia 920 GDR2/Amber Update Thread

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
How can I use Glance feature to set the clock on the locked screen?

sir head into settings ->display+touch .swipe right to see the tpuch options .you will notice an otion with double tap to wake up phone (this will allow u to unlock ur phone by just double tapping on the screen.sweet).now again swipe right to see glance option.turn the glance otion to always on or what ever u want try the options that shuita u best.the night mode turns the clock in red colour(just like an alaram clock) set the time for the night mode to be activated automatically.try experiment with all the options.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
sir head into settings ->display+touch .swipe right to see the tpuch options .you will notice an otion with double tap to wake up phone (this will allow u to unlock ur phone by just double tapping on the screen.sweet).now again swipe right to see glance option.turn the glance otion to always on or what ever u want try the options that shuita u best.the night mode turns the clock in red colour(just like an alaram clock) set the time for the night mode to be activated automatically.try experiment with all the options.

Thank you. Does it affect the battery life if its always on?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. Does it affect the battery life if its always on?

honestly saying yes turning on these features drain some juice frm ur battery.but for a moderate user its fine.i eqsily get a one day battery life with glance to set always,night mode by 7pm to 7am.double tap is my fav now i never clicked the lock buton lol.use wifi for browsing,whatsapp,1-2 hours music,fm.2-3 photos with pro cam :p.still i have 30-40% at the end of the day

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
honestly saying yes turning on these features drain some juice frm ur battery.but for a moderate user its fine.i eqsily get a one day battery life with glance to set always,night mode by 7pm to 7am.double tap is my fav now i never clicked the lock buton lol.use wifi for browsing,whatsapp,1-2 hours music,fm.2-3 photos with pro cam :p.still i have 30-40% at the end of the day

I read that it keeps on changing the position of the clock to save the screen. But in my case the clock remains at one position

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
sir it moves up and down might take 5-10 mins to move.just notice where the clock is currently.check back after having a great cup of coffee.mine was in middle but now it reached top (I noticed after 30 mins )

denispage

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Is this a long wait update?
Last time that I've install an update, I have to wait more than 8 hours to have the phone back from the rotating gears.

Joene90

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Such BS, in Holland it's only available for two providers still.. That's fine, but I've got an unbranded phone and I get the COMING SOON status? Wth, shouldn't unbranded be getting it first?

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Such BS, in Holland it's only available for two providers still.. That's fine, but I've got an unbranded phone and I get the COMING SOON status? Wth, shouldn't unbranded be getting it first?

that's what I thought too but just flashed back to my Vodafone Ireland firmware, it doesn't bother me as i have data sense etc..

Verner

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I still don't understand how in the UK, according to the Official Web Site, that it's available for Vodafone but not for the unbranded 920's?!?! Surely MS/Nokia would get it right then give it to Vodafone etc. for them to tinker with their "bits and bobs"? No?
I've tried tweeting and emailing Nokia UK, all to no avail!
:-(

lionfish0

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Just updated to the Amber and faced a strange behavior (dunno if it was before the update, but I guess I would have noticed that definitely):
when you swipe from the left to the right or vise versa in any application without releasing your finger, the content on the screen will shake randomly as if it was trying to position itself constantly.
If you swipe while releasing your finger from the screen then everything scrolls very smoothly like before the update.
Could someone, please, check if this thing will happen to your phone or not: for example, open the photo hub, swipe to any direction and keep holding your finger on the screen - will it struggle to hold the picture steady while your finger remains on the screen?

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Just updated to the Amber and faced a strange behavior (dunno if it was before the update, but I guess I would have noticed that definitely):
when you swipe from the left to the right or vise versa in any application without releasing your finger, the content on the screen will shake randomly as if it was trying to position itself constantly.
If you swipe while releasing your finger from the screen then everything scrolls very smoothly like before the update.
Could someone, please, check if this thing will happen to your phone or not: for example, open the photo hub, swipe to any direction and keep holding your finger on the screen - will it struggle to hold the picture steady while your finger remains on the screen?

nope, it stays still and you get the share options etc.. I'd say once you get one of the Nokia updates like extras and info or display it will be fine so don't be worrying!!

Last edited:

Pega5u5

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Is this a long wait update?
Last time that I've install an update, I have to wait more than 8 hours to have the phone back from the rotating gears.

no this update didn't take up alot of time for me (it said it would take about ten minutes somewhere at the start of the update proces)

kostiraimo

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I found my carriers unreleased firmware that's still waiting for approval through Nokia Care Suite. So if you're eager to update but want the correct firmware (as I was), check if you can download it through NCS or Nokia Software Updater for Retail and flash your phone. Backups also worked fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos