Amber update, south africa

HvdW

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the link, Worzel. But what the hell is up with the fact that the Lumia 920 on MTN isnt even on the list at all?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the link, Worzel. But what the hell is up with the fact that the Lumia 920 on MTN isnt even on the list at all?

Yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe it's a typo and they forgot to include it on the list. Was your 920 definitely provided to you by MTN as a network branded phone or did you get it as an unlocked/unbranded handset and just happen to be using their network?
If you go to Settings > About, what does it say for Carrier? That will tell you if the phone belongs to MTN or is an unbranded phone.

HvdW

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Oooooohkay that makes sense.... Thank you!

On a related note: Coming soon? That really does mean nothing... "Soon" is completely relative. :-/

HvdW

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Was your 920 definitely provided to you by MTN as a network branded phone or did you get it as an unlocked/unbranded handset and just happen to be using their network?

Nah, I'm fairly certain my device is unlocked and just happens to use MTN. I have no extra branded software or anything on my device and in Settings > About there is no indication that it's an MTN-locked device.

I'm inclined to agree with Halcyonboy's theory that MTN subscribers just use the vanilla country varient.

e4et

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe it's a typo and they forgot to include it on the list. Was your 920 definitely provided to you by MTN as a network branded phone or did you get it as an unlocked/unbranded handset and just happen to be using their network?
If you go to Settings > About, what does it say for Carrier? That will tell you if the phone belongs to MTN or is an unbranded phone.

aah, there we go. Mine has mtn there.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
i have a nokia lumia 920 black 1 on cell c network when is the update coming to my phone any ideas?

Your network would be the best placed people to be able to answer that question. They should have a contact us section on their website, or they may have their own forum where you could ask.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

HvdW

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Not entirely sure when it was released, but today when I checked for an update, I got Amber :)

This is on my unbranded, MTN Lumia 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster