How do I know?

Nesdam1981

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I'm new to Windows Phone devices and currently bought a Lumia 920 from a private person. The camera app don't work, it just jumps back to tile screen when trying to start the camera app. The camera works with other camera apps so it's not a hardware issue. I knew this when I bought it. Now I found out that the accelerometer doesn't seem to work either, the screen won rotate in any app or anything. This is not a big issue for me since I'm waiting for the Lumia 1020 to hit Sweden.
(I have tried soft reset, hard reset and reset from settings>about, nothing works)

My question is. How can I find out if the Lumia 920 have a unlocked bootloader and installed with a custom ROM?

The Amber update haven't shown it's precense yet and before I go into custom ROM installation I would like to sure if I should wait for the update or if in fact this device is already running a custom ROM and firmware.

In settings the information says:
Firmware 1232.5957.1308.0002
OS version: 8.0.10211.204
SOC version: 8960

I read somewhere that I could try turning of the device, holding down volume up and power to get the flash and cogwheel screen and then connecting the USB cable. If the computer opens a device storage then it would be unlocked, if not then it is "stock" so to speak... It does not open a device storage...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nesdam1981

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Update: I now saw this I tapatalk app under signature settings. There was a predefined signature with the following text:

RM-821_eu_euro1_349...

Does this mean it's a custom rom?

Sent from Tapatalk

Nesdam1981

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Update: I now saw this I tapatalk app under signature settings. There was a predefined signature with the following text:

RM-821_eu_euro1_349...

Sent from Tapatalk

Sent from Tapatalk

Nesdam1981

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

RM-821_eu_euro1_349...

Sent from Tapatalk

Sent from Tapatalk

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Odd post, don't fully understand your query. Under Settings>System>About Phone it will say what carrier the phone is under.
There are NO current Custom ROMs for WP8 devices to my knowledge so you stuck with what you have. Your camera sounds like a firmware problem as it does function with other apps. It needs to be reinstalled at a Care Centre. WP8 doesn't have screen rotation on many apps. The stock browser can serve as a quick test. I fell you should visit a Care Centre for the accelerometer though as the phone should still be in warranty.

Nesdam1981

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes of course your right. Like I said I'm new to this. What I mean is of course a flashed rom. Like you can flash the amber update manually. I wonder if there is a way so see if the current system is flashed or if it is "out of the box" or whatever it's called in WP community. Please read my own reply above (the one posted 3 times thanks to a tapatalk error message).

Sent from Tapatalk

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
WP8 is a closed system which hasn't been cracked as far as I know.
The info you give is more or less the same for all Pre Amber devices and just helps to identify the market it was originally for.
As to your other issues, I had a fault with my phone and no number of resets would cure it as the firmware on the phone was corrupted and had missing files.
As it's an unlocked device, the Amber update should soon be available for it. It may cure some of your devices problems as it's a large install.
Hope this helps.

Nesdam1981

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
So "RM-821_eu_euro1_349" don't say anything about if it is a flashed rom or if its a regular update? It's just the name of the current system?

Sent from Tapatalk

Nesdam1981

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Just found out the firmware I'm running is listed as "coming soon" on the Nokia amber update info site. Guess it won't be long.

Thanks again for the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon