At&t and the whole GDR2 holdup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mogelijk

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Availability in North America - Nokia

T-Mobile approved the 520 but at&t hasn't approved the 521.
T-Mobile approved the 810 but at&t hasn't approved the 820.
Verizon approved the 928 but at&t hasn't approved the 920.

Different carriers were able to get similar phones tested and approved but AT&T can't?

The odd thing about that, beyond the fact that you mixed up the 520 (AT&T) and 521 (T-Mobile) is that AT&T has been shipping the 520 with GDR2/Amber for at least a couple of weeks now, and all AT&T 520 customers should have the update (and well before the T-Mobile 521 users got the upgrade). I'm not sure why that chart claims that AT&T hasn't approved it.

Sakeeboy

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I think the impatience for everyone without GDR2+Amber update is probably because there are a few users on other threads claiming that the battery life is improved on their L920s after the update. Plus there are some cool apps and features in the update. Unfortunately "battery drains" is the most discussed topic on Lumia 920.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I think the impatience for everyone without GDR2+Amber update is probably because there are a few users on other threads claiming that the battery life is improved on their L920s after the update. Plus there are some cool apps and features in the update. Unfortunately "battery drains" is the most discussed topic on Lumia 920.

Mine has greatly... I used to be charging on the way home to stay alive after work. Now I've been off for an hour and I'm at 61 percent.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yup, the wait is killing me.. but on a more positive note, I just noticed today that the Nokia Pro Cam, Nokia Smart Cam, and Nokia Video trimmer apps are available for us 920 users! :)
I downloaded all of them!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yup, the wait is killing me.. but on a more positive note, I just noticed today that the Nokia Pro Cam, Nokia Smart Cam, and Nokia Video trimmer apps are available for us 920 users! :)
I downloaded all of them!
Too bad we can't use any of these apps yet without Amber/GDR2....
:(

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I really want the Amber stuff from Nokia, but I "need" the XBox Music fix. I'm PAYING for Zune Pass and the DRM issues with playing that content on WP8 are infuriating!!

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't matter what other carriers are doing, It's not a hold up until the given date has come and gone. Until then, it's just uncontrolled impatience and whinging.

Do you work for At&t or something? "uncontrolled impatience and whining"?? Dude, it's not like I'm in the corner of my bedroom having a fit, I'm just annoyed with the situation, that's all.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No, I'm just tired of reading all the bellyaching when the update isn't even late yet. When there's something to b*tch about, by all means, b*tch. I'll join in with you then. But there isn't anything to b*tch about yet.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't matter what other carriers are doing, It's not a hold up until the given date has come and gone. Until then, it's just uncontrolled impatience and whinging.
I think it does kind of matter. AT&T has a history. I had the original Samsung Focus that caught the vanishing keyboard bug. Microsoft had a fix out within days. Other carriers pushed it out...AT&T never did. They dud suggest getting a newer phone with the update preinstalled, even for people under contract. Nice. This current upgrade has some fixes for feature crumbling bugs, most notably for me the XBox Music app not playing nice with content from legacy Zune Pass subscribers...paying subscribers.

The Lumia 920 (& 92x varients) were said to have priority. Verizon & T-Mobile have all Lumias upgrade available...AT&T has none. That is significant and suggests that all is not right.

I really ddon'tthink what people are doing is "whining", but rather voicing cconcern that they aren't gettin premier treatment from the so-called premier carrier partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills