Question for Owners of Pioneer FH-X700BT or Similar Head Unit

danbbrantley

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I've searches through the forums as best I can and see that there are at least a couple of users who own this combination. Can you tell me a bit about the Bluetooth compatibility of these two devices?

Here's what I want to do: Get in car, music starts playing automatically when connects to BT or, when I hit play on my phone, it knows to play to the stereo.

If using voice navigation, will the directions be read through the car stereo? How about Pandora, Nokia Music, etc? I'd like to control these apps through my phone although it'd be convenient to also be able to change tracks on the fly via the head unit.

What if I am streaming music over BT and I want to make a phone call? Is there a button on the head unit I can press to activate TellMe?

And lastly, I understand that this device likely won't be recognized by the USB port to play files from. But, I am curious to know if it can act as a power source to charge the phone via USB?

I know that my scenario is very specific so please, if you have any insight you think could be helpful I would love to hear it. Thanks in advance.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
You would be better off calling Pioneer directly or .. gasp .. read the manual! I have an older model of that head unit but cannot answer any of those questions.

Rob Sewell

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
've searches through the forums as best I can and see that there are at least a couple of users who own this combination. Can you tell me a bit about the Bluetooth compatibility of these two devices?

I have bought one of these to pair with my 920 a couple of days ago.

Here's what I want to do: Get in car, music starts playing automatically when connects to BT or, when I hit play on my phone, it knows to play to the stereo.
Does that if you have BT Audio as the source
If using voice navigation, will the directions be read through the car stereo?
Yes, even if you are listening to music through the phone as well.
NOTE - This will only work if you are using BT Audio as your source on the head unit not if you are listening to the radio.

How about Pandora, Nokia Music, etc? I'd like to control these apps through my phone although it'd be convenient to also be able to change tracks on the fly via the head unit.
Nokia music works, don't use Pandora. You can use the buttons on the stereo to change tracks

What if I am streaming music over BT and I want to make a phone call? Is there a button on the head unit I can press to activate TellMe?

Yup absolutely, You press and hold the big button on the stereo and it brings up the tell me and then say " call so and so " and it does :-D or press the phone button on the stereo and use the controls to phone someone from the phone book or 6 pre selected numbers or last dialled, received or missed

And lastly, I understand that this device likely won't be recognized by the USB port to play files from. But, I am curious to know if it can act as a power source to charge the phone via USB?

I wouldn't have thought so. I use the official Nokia car charger as the cheapo one fro fleabay didnt charge properly

Last edited:

danbbrantley

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for answering my questions so comprehensively. It's very helpful as this information isn't readily available elsewhere, and I don't yet own the head unit to test it out.

Now that I know it works so well....I've placed my order. Looking forward to getting the most out of the phone and unit.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Good to see someone could answer. I'll have to see if that "tell me" feature is on my unit. Though my unit several years old I can vouch for the model. Those head units rock.

Rob Sewell

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
You are welcome, I would have loved to have found this information when I was researching a new stereo. Glad it is of benefit

When I went into the shops I connected my Lumia to three of the Pioneer stereos with the Parrot module installed and was able to do the same thing with all of them. They do appear to be the top car stereo head units for the Lumia 920 IMHO

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3