Spinning cogs for the first time since I bought this in November.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
So, I got the latest update but the phone was lagging at times so I decided to do a hard reset, went into the about section and tapped reset your phone and after about 15-20 mins still had the spinning cogs. Tried all the combos, removed sim, nothing works. Is my only solution left to flash it?

I have an unlocked, unbranded 920 from Thailand.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
So, I got the latest update but the phone was lagging at times so I decided to do a hard reset, went into the about section and tapped reset your phone and after about 15-20 mins still had the spinning cogs. Tried all the combos, removed sim, nothing works. Is my only solution left to flash it?

I have an unlocked, unbranded 920 from Thailand.

don't do nothing, just wait, when you get spinning cogs it's because it's moving files from paste to another etc.. you just have to wait, don't worry, just be patient, sometimes it takes more than 9 hours..

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had that happen and let it spin for days, literally. Sometimes you just have to flash it or try the volume down/power button combo, repeatedly. As in dozens of times. I've never had it work itself out before, ever. You're probably best to flash it.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
don't do nothing, just wait, when you get spinning cogs it's because it's moving files from paste to another etc.. you just have to wait, don't worry, just be patient, sometimes it takes more than 9 hours..

Is this a joke? I've hard reset my phone at least 10 times in the past and it took under 10 minutes.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had that happen and let it spin for days, literally. Sometimes you just have to flash it or try the volume down/power button combo, repeatedly. As in dozens of times. I've never had it work itself out before, ever. You're probably best to flash it.

Guess I'll flash it then but seems like my internet is extremely slow in downloading the latest firmware.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
This has happened to me EVERY TIME I have upgraded the software or reset my account with various 920s. Call me unlucky. First thing I do is hold power and volume down until it resets. It shows Nokia, AT&T and then cogs. I then let the battery drain. I mean, completely drain so that when you press and hold power you don't even get the battery indicator. I then charge it up a bit and power it on. When it gets to the Nokia screen press (separately) volume up, down, power, down and you should see the bottom of the screen flash white. It'll go back to spinning cogs, let it die again. When the battery is once again completely dead plug it back in and power it up. You should get spinning cogs for 10-20 minutes and then the welcome screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon