Still grey thumbnail appears in Photo hub after Amber installed

Colin920

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm kinda upset to see this problem never getting a fix from Microsoft after 10 months. I was so excited about Amber update for my Lumia 920, everything seems great. But why don't they fix this small thumbnail issues. It's very obviously to see these grey thumbnail in your photos hub album, no covers showing on sky drive albums. Microsoft still don't get to know how embarrassing these ugly grey tile show up in Photo Hub???? I really don't get it.

Colin920

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
When you go to photo albums, it shows albums from your Sky Drive and Facebook, it sync all the pictures with the covers thumbnail on each album tiles. It works for the first time Amber installed or phone reset. But after a few days some of those thumbnail covers will turn grey blinks, no pictures show.

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Unless I'm not understanding you, I'd say it's more of a cosmetic decision rather than an actual problem, bug, or defect. Just my opinion.

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Well I don't consider it as a bug, since the os cleans up the storaged thumbnails in order to have the latest ones. So if you don't connect your device to internet, after some time you'll get grey thumbnails.

Colin920

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20130822_0001.jpg
It doesn't contain another folder inside. Nor the connection issue. If you search around "Grey thumbnail Photo Hub", you can see many people has the same problem. It actually works normal when you first install the abmer or a reset for the first time syncing your photo to thumbnails, but not sure why later after few days Photo hub album fail to sync or keeping the cover any longer. If I put new pic in the album, It will update and sync the newest picture as a thumbnail. But it'll go grey again after few days. ;(

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 40965
It doesn't contain another folder inside. Nor the connection issue. If you search around "Grey thumbnail Photo Hub", you can see many people has the same problem. It actually works normal when you first install the abmer or a reset for the first time syncing your photo to thumbnails, but not sure why later after few days Photo hub album fail to sync or keeping the cover any longer. If I put new pic in the album, It will update and sync the newest picture as a thumbnail. But it'll go grey again after few days. ;(

What happens when you open a folder and load a pic? Does it refresh the thumbnail?

Colin920

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
No. It stays grey no matter how long I wait to load for all pictures inside the albums... like more than 5 minutes
They only way to solve is by adding a new photos or move all pictures into a new rename folder. But like I said it'll turn back to Grey after a while.... You guys don't have this problem? I'm kinda surprised... I thought it's the issue to all WP8 user. I even see this on HTC 8X

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
No, I really don't have this issue... maybe it's because you have too many subfolders?
My skydrive structure is Images/Subfolders, is yours the same?

Colin920

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Well I'll try to move all my subfolders to somewhere other than always in Gallery, give it a few days to see if it solve the problem or not. Thank for you guys input.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My SkyDrive has root > Photos > 4 20xx folders > then in each of these folders have around 8-12 more folders, then in each of these folders are the actual photos. This is why my photos folder doesn't show any thumbnail.

alljeep

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 40965

Mine has always done this as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077