Unlocked Nokia Lumia 920 APN Settings For Straight Talk

lumia920lover

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I just had the most frustrating past two days attempting to try EVERY single APN setting that has been listed on the internet for my new UNLOCKED Nokia Lumia 920 on Straight Talk.
To get the Internet & MMS working on Straight Talk - THERE ARE NEW SETTINGS FROM STRAIGHT TALK that I did not once find posted in a forum. The representative at Straight Talk informed me that these new settings are a very recent change, so if you are wanting to add your unlocked Lumia 920 to Straight Talk, here you go:
*Internet APN:
APN: tfdata
User name: (blank)
Password: (blank)
Proxy server (URL): (blank)
Proxy port: (blank)

*MMS APN:
WAP gateway (URL): mms3.tracfone.com
WAP gateway port: 80
MMSC (URL): http://mms-tf.net/
MMSC port: 80
Maximum MMS size: (blank)

And it literally started working IMMEDIATELY! (if not, please reboot your phone)
I hope this is helpful... as it would have been for me two days ago when I bought the phone..
Thanks.

nakiamonet

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes!!! Thank you sooo much it actually worked. I've had this phone for a month now and couldn't send pics or get on the internet. Now i can thanks to you :amaze:

Michael Shenoda

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
hi, I got a new unlocked nokia lumia 920 for straight talk, and a had the same problem. I tried many times but, still not working. I called straight talk costumer service, and no result . they told me to try to find how to update my APN menu , then I have to call them again. what't do you guys think????? thanks

mtmt88

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Internet APN:
Proxy server (URL): (blank)
Proxy port: (blank)

*MMS APN:
WAP gateway (URL): mms3.tracfone.com
WAP gateway port: 80
MMSC (URL): http://mms-tf.net/
MMSC port: 80
Maximum MMS size: (blank)

And it literally started working IMMEDIATELY! (if not, please reboot your phone)
I hope this is helpful... as it would have been for me two days ago when I bought the phone..
Thanks.

These work for me!
Awesome, thanks for your help!

2lalaland

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
FYI for other folks struggling with Straight Talk...

My 1st month with them these settings did NOT work. I called them & said these settings were working for other people & not me & they could not give me any logical explanation. They insisted the problem was with my phone. My 30 days rolled over during Xmas so no time to change services & signed up for another 30 days. All of a sudden these settings started working! The only change made was signing up for another 30 days. Very odd! I have a locked phone, so these settings work for those as well.

I just hope I can spare some folks the frustration & countless hours I spent trying to get my MMS & group text working. Hang in there, these settings do work.

nuprotocol, I've had LTE since day 1.

Last edited:

Kryler

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi Jackie...

Have you tried to receive picture messages?

I have had these exact APN settings and they are not working for me. (picture messages) I can send, but not receive. I have been on phone with ST numerous times, with no luck.

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
These worked for me as well with Straight Talk.

Was trying to use my unlocked 920 on T-Mobil but could not get everything working - even with the help of a T-Mobil rep.

AshleyAnnAuthor

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
:grin:

OMG THANK YOU!

I was on their website trying to figure it out and the tutorials they had for Nokia phones didn't match the phone at all. I Googled "update apn windows phone nokia straight talk" and one of the top links was your post on this forum. I created an account just to comment to thank you. I was so frustrated with Straight Talk today already after issues porting my old number from my broken iPhone to the new SIM card to activate this phone, and them not porting my old minutes to the new device. I didn't want to have another conversation with a falsely compassionate tech. Thank you for posting this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills