Easy Fix for Xbox Music and syncing Zune Playlist on WP8

cooltaj

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Zero items in playlist, Playlist not syncing. Errors etc.

Requirements:
1.) Windows Phone Desktop App- Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 3) | Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone How-to | Windows Phone (United States)
2.) Zune. Mine was pre-installed as I used it for playlist prior to Windows Phone 8. I prefer it still.- http://support.xbox.com/en-US/music-and-video/zune/software/download
3.) Windows Phone 8 device
Read the solution here: Easy Fix for Xbox Music and syncing Zune Playlist on WP8 | BlissLabz

Enjoy Syncing

Last edited:

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm afraid that doesn't really address the issue fully.

It may sync the content of the playlists, but it doesn't actually sync the playlist. For instance, that playlist will not be on your phone, in the Xbox Music app, under 'playlists' and populated with your songs.

cooltaj

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm afraid that doesn't really address the issue fully.

It may sync the content of the playlists, but it doesn't actually sync the playlist. For instance, that playlist will not be on your phone, in the Xbox Music app, under 'playlists' and populated with your songs.

I don't think I get your concern. If I sync, playlist....it will sync the songs in that playlist. So, your songs along with your playlist will be there. Anytime, you add new songs to Zune in that playlist...just fire up the Windows Phone desktop app and resync....

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I get your concern. If I sync, playlist....it will sync the songs in that playlist. So, your songs along with your playlist will be there. Anytime, you add new songs to Zune in that playlist...just fire up the Windows Phone desktop app and resync....

Right...

So, on your phone, in the Xbox Music app, under music, under playlists... your playlists are listed, populated and playable?

cooltaj

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Right...

So, on your phone, in the Xbox Music app, under music, under playlists... your playlists are listed, populated and playable?

Yes, just the way it appears in zune. No missing files. No zero items in playlist. Key is to make sure, playlist doesn't have missing items or yellow warning icon next to songs in the playlist in Zune

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, just the way it appears in zune. No missing files. No zero items in playlist. Key is to make sure, playlist doesn't have missing items or yellow warning icon next to songs in the playlist in Zune

Are these songs in the playlists bought from Zune/XBox Music?

stephenjxn

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
This will only place the songs and playlist initially on your phone. If your phone reboots, resets or turns off for any reason your playlist, songs its metadata will get screwed up because of Xbox Music Hub on the phone. For what I understand, I may be wrong, but Xbox Music wants you to stream your "own" music from the cloud. Music not purchased or downloaded from Xbox Music will have trouble being seen from your windows phone once the phone resets itself. Ive been having issues with songs, metadata, playlist ghosting from my phone. They show up, then they disappear...right before my eyes. I had 236 albums on my phone. Now they appears to be only 1. The songs are still there. When I press and hold on the songs title, it give me the option to "download" the song. Why should I download a song that already "exist" on my phone? When I view the phones music folder, all the previous albums are now "unknown" and the songs are all mixed within other albums. WTF?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3