How to put PDF files on my Nokia Lumia 920 via USB

R32_Nokia

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
When I connect my Nokia Lumia 920 via USB and go to the Windows explorer to access the folders in the phone, like music, pictures, documents, etc. I try to copy and paste some of my PDF files, since I use them a lot, and would love to have them on my phone, but no matter in what folder I put them, Adobe Reader is never able to find them. I have downloaded some PDF files from the internet using IE on the phone and Adobe Reader finds them and opens them with no problem, so I don't get why it doesn't work when I copy them via USB.
I've been told I can do it by uploading them to SkyDrive or sending them to myself by Email, but some of the files I have weight around 800 mb each, which discards the option of sending them by Email and where I live the internet connection is pretty slow, so it would take forever to upload them to SkyDrive. So is there a way to do it via USB?

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I have 40 - 50 mb files. I copied them to the documents folder, and they open with adobe reader on my 920.
See if a restart after copying the files helps.
Ohh yeah, I didn't use the windows explorer but I used the app on my Windows 8 laptop to do the copying.
If you have windows 8, do it with the app, if not get the mobile connecting software.

muhdalam

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Try bluetooth? Maybe that works? It will be quite slower than usb but faster than uploading to skydrive. Try with smaller files first. I don't think there's any way adobe reader will access files on user accessible memory due to some OS limitations but dunno for sure; all i know is it didn't work for me and i resorted to using Skydrive. But do give bluetooth a go.

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried copy smaller PDF file into document folder and see if it work? The 800mb PDF file size might me the problem.

R32_Nokia

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks to all for your quick responses :)
I tried all your suggestions; I restarted the phone and did it using the Windows Phone app, but as it happened to @muhdalam, the files didn't show up on Adobe Reader. I tried with small files, but they didn't show either. I finally resigned myself to the fact that I was gonna have to wait for hours doing it with SkyDrive or Bluetooth, but, while looking for a Word document on the Office app, I found them there! It's funny that the app that is actually designed for reading PDF files (Adobe Reader) can't find the PDF files on the phone, but Office can. You just have to go to Office and under ''places'' tap on ''phone'' and there they are. After you open them for the first time Adobe reader is then able to find them with no problems. I hope Microsoft adds a file manager in Windows Phone 8.1, it would make a lot of things easier.

gazmatic

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
try the microsoft pdf reader

go to your office hub and they should show up

adobe is a third party app so i dont think they have the same access that office does

i use the office pdf reader not adobe

i just downloaded adobe pdf reader and it turns out that if you go to office and click on a pdf it will give you the option to choose which program to open the pdf with

i still prefer the office pdf reader

Last edited:

SocalTouch

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
To open copied files, Go to Office Hub --> Places (-->Phone) --> Click on file and it will ask you to choose the application you want to open it with.

If you read big PDF files on phone, you will quickly agree that Adobe PDF reader is head and shoulders above the default MS PDF reader.

Hazzan Zia

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
When I connect my Nokia Lumia 920 via USB and go to the Windows explorer to access the folders in the phone, like music, pictures, documents, etc. I try to copy and paste some of my PDF files, since I use them a lot, and would love to have them on my phone, but no matter in what folder I put them, Adobe Reader is never able to find them. I have downloaded some PDF files from the internet using IE on the phone and Adobe Reader finds them and opens them with no problem, so I don't get why it doesn't work when I copy them via USB.
I've been told I can do it by uploading them to SkyDrive or sending them to myself by Email, but some of the files I have weight around 800 mb each, which discards the option of sending them by Email and where I live the internet connection is pretty slow, so it would take forever to upload them to SkyDrive. So is there a way to do it via USB?

just goto office and swipe left n ull see documents on ur phone open them one by one n they'll appear in acrobat reader. ����

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Adobe reader has a bug that I came to know of just 2 days back. I transferred some pdf files to documents folder of the phone internal memory and Adobe didn't detect them (they were small files). I then made a documents folder on my SD card and put the files there and Adobe detected them.

Found it very weird that files on the phone memory are not detected and those on the SD card are. :)

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Adobe reader has a bug that I came to know of just 2 days back. I transferred some pdf files to documents folder of the phone internal memory and Adobe didn't detect them (they were small files). I then made a documents folder on my SD card and put the files there and Adobe detected them.

Found it very weird that files on the phone memory are not detected and those on the SD card are. :)

interesting. MS really needs to do something about this

Edwin George

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
i also have the same issue. m gna try uploading it to sky drive. word docs are readily taken up by the office. Stange with Pdf files!!!!

Glenn Vincent Yazon

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I tried placing a few gig of books to my lumia 1020, but could not read them on Adobe or PDF Reader. Is there a way of syncing this through the PC somewhat the same as in Itunes?
I may need to do this manually using Bluetooth or Skydrive. for itunes and Ipad, I used Itunes to transfer them all. Please Advise

jonahtrav

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I use Nokia reading for read books on my 920. You can't get Nokia reading in the US store so change your Regional Format to United Kingdom and restart your phone and download . You will need to put your books in one drive/skydrive and then download them to your phone with the Nokia reading app. It works really well... I found out this info here in windows phone central but can't remember where. Anyway give it a try.

Hazzan Zia

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
just put em in ur documents folder n than they'll appear in ur office recent documents n than when u tap on one of them they'll open in pdf reader n than u'll be able to see them in pdf reader once opened through office

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss