Latest update isn't AMBER???

Prabhat Ram

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 920 today after ensuring that the AMBER update has landed on Indian shores. But after successful update, there are no signs of most of the Amber goodies on my phone. I can see only Data Sense and FM Radio activation, which after a little reading on this site I've come to understand are actually part of MS' GDR2 update. So where are all the other stuffs (Peek/Glance, Double Tap, ProCam, Smart Camera)? Right after updating my device, I checked again with the server, but it says my device is up to date. What am I doing wrong here? Or has there been some recent development in regard to Amber update for Lumia 920 in India that I'm ignorant about? Also, I checked the Firmware revision number, and it matches with the one mentioned on Nokia's site, i.e. 3047.0000.1326.2001

Any information and/or help will be greatly appreciated. In fact, I switched from wired to wireless net service at home just so I could get my hands on the Amber Update. Alas, all in vain, so far.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Use SysApp Pusher to get all the system app updates and procam etc. Available from the Store for free. Amber doesn't come with these as standard....

Prabhat Ram

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Oh, thanks a ton, friend. The app at least got me those camera apps and the color-profile adjustment feature. However, I still can't seem to locate the Glance and the Double Tap to Wake feature. Do they, too, come as a separate update or app through SysApp, because I didn't see any?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Download other system apps using the sysapp pusher app. After all updates you can find glance and double tap under display+settings

Prabhat Ram

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Aaah, I'm an *****. It was all there. I just didn't have the brains to swipe to the right after "Display" screen, which reveals "Touch" and the "Glance" setting. Anyway, got that working. And thanks to both Geddeeeeeee and pankaj981 for making the effort to solve my harebrained question.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos