How to Hide Phone Number?

dfeghali

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello i have the factory unlocked Lumia 920
In phone setting i cannot see the option to hide the my number anywhere at all
I am in Colombia with Movistar

Is that option disabled because of my operator or every lumia should have it Enabled?

Thx in advance:unhappy::eek:rly::straight:

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Should be under Settings>Applications>Phone> Show my Caller ID

If you carrier does not support the feature it will not be listed.

Rod Sprague

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello i have the factory unlocked Lumia 920
In phone setting i cannot see the option to hide the my number anywhere at all
I am in Colombia with Movistar

Is that option disabled because of my operator or every lumia should have it Enabled?

Thx in advance:unhappy::eek:rly::straight:
I have the same problem the option to hide/show caller ID is simply not in the settings. I had the option when in Australia using local post paid SIM but now that I'm using a local pre paid SIM in Indonesia the option is simply not there. I can only assume it is related to pre or post paid accounts and perhapes the individual provider.

Robert devlin

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
If you Want to hide your number from the business you're about to call, or don't want your friends knowing who's calling them? You can block your Caller ID information so that your number does not appear on the recipient's phone. You can do this by using a special prefix, contacting your carrier, or by using the features on your device
Use a caller ID blocking prefix. In many countries, you can enter a code before you dial a number and your phone number will be blocked from appearing on the recipient's caller ID. The code varies depending on your country and your service provider, and it is not possible to block in all countries. Enter the prefix, followed immediately by the number you are dialing. For example, if you are in the US and want to call (555)123-4567, you would enter *675551234567.
If you want all of your phone calls to always be blocked, you can contact your carrier and set up permanent Caller ID blocking. There is typically a charge for this, and the fees and terms will vary from carrier to carrier. Many phones allow you to block your Caller ID information by changing the phone's settings. If your phone does not have the option to do this, then it is not allowed by your carrier.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Be aware, that many people consider blocking caller ID to be rude and will not answer the phone. I am one of them. Anytime I've ever answered when caller ID was blocked, it was a robot trying to sell me something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss