Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. Ali Babba's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    162 Posts
       #1  
    Sorry to post this in a new thread but I figured it'll get lost in the main Amber update thread if I post there since the number of BUILD phones out there is pretty small.

    That said, when I my OCD kicked in today and I decided to check for updates it looks like it's available now - 10:15am PST (GMT -8).
  2. air2liquid's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #2  
    Yea, showed up on the server last night and flashed it fresh this morning. Works great so far!
  3. Ali Babba's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    162 Posts
       #3  
    Yeah, I just finished updating mine.. I always get nervous when the spinning gears show up after reading all the bricked phone threads. So far after playing with it for a few min, it seems quicker.
  4. alexloe's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    96 Posts
    #4  
    What's product code of BUILD phones?
  5. blost's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #5  
    It's about time, thanks for the heads-up.
  6. denzilla's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    177 Posts
    #6  
    please delete
  7. Ali Babba's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    162 Posts
       #7  
    BUILD phones are carrier independent, non branded, and unlocked phones. AT&T has nothing to do with them, or TMobile, or any other carrier..

    As for the variant:

    rm-820_nam_canada_246
  8. denzilla's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    177 Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Babba View Post
    BUILD phones are carrier independent, non branded, and unlocked phones. AT&T has nothing to do with them, or TMobile, or any other carrier..

    As for the variant:

    rm-820_nam_canada_246
    Yeah, I missed the "build" part when I originally read the post.
  9. vanadiumxero's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #9  
    I'm curious how long you had to sit and wait at the spinning gears after the post-download reboot. Wondering if I should be concerned that mine seems to be taking a while on that step...

    EDIT: Phew! Figures as soon as I type that, my phone decides to finally move past that step. To help with anyone else's potential concerns, it took mine almost 40 minutes at that step before moving onto the data migration stage.
  10. crazyfx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #10  
    Installed it aswell OTA.

    Only thing i noticed: I can't download the Nokia Pro Cam app. Isn't it supposed to work with the Lumia 920?
  11. air2liquid's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfx View Post
    Installed it aswell OTA.

    Only thing i noticed: I can't download the Nokia Pro Cam app. Isn't it supposed to work with the Lumia 920?
    Procam works great for me, but I did a full firmware flash instead of the OTA update.
  12. Xpider_MX's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    736 Posts
    #12  
    Firmware version?

    Mine is 3047.0000.1326.10144 and not new update is shown.
  13. Ali Babba's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    162 Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpider_MX View Post
    Firmware version?

    Mine is 3047.0000.1326.10144 and not new update is shown.
    My firmware: 3047.0000.1326.2001
    OS Version: 8.0.10328.78

    Also, I can't seem to DL Pro Cam.. it gives me an error. :/
  14. yukit's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    15 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by alexloe View Post
    What's product code of BUILD phones?
    The only thing I can find on the original box that looks like a product code is material: 0022H78, but this code was not recognized by NCS.

    I have put Euro Dev firmware on mine, now with GDR2 & Amber.

    I wish there is a way to go back to the original Dev firmware (canada_246 version), but I don't think I am missing anything.

    It is nice to see that BUILD phone is finally getting the updates in a timely manner.
  15. james05gt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    36 Posts
    #15  
    Bringing this up, am I the only one with a 920 Build that can not update? my current os version is 8.0.10211.204 and software version 1232.2107.1242.0001, rm-820_nam_canada_246. I haven't seen any ota's and I manually check for updates at least multiple times a day. I do see the update 3047.0000.1326.2001 on nokia care suite and nokia software updater but every time I try to update, when it gets to the actual flashing part I get a "0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device" I've downloaded the rom a couple of times and doing the update thinking maybe its corrupted but still no go. Also tried a dead flash and refurbish method on ncs and still getting that platform id check fail message.
  16. pankaj981's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,535 Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by james05gt View Post
    Bringing this up, am I the only one with a 920 Build that can not update? my current os version is 8.0.10211.204 and software version 1232.2107.1242.0001, rm-820_nam_canada_246. I haven't seen any ota's and I manually check for updates at least multiple times a day. I do see the update 3047.0000.1326.2001 on nokia care suite and nokia software updater but every time I try to update, when it gets to the actual flashing part I get a "0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device" I've downloaded the rom a couple of times and doing the update thinking maybe its corrupted but still no go. Also tried a dead flash and refurbish method on ncs and still getting that platform id check fail message.

    Are you trying to flash this firmware?

    untitled.png
  17. james05gt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    36 Posts
    #17  
    Yup, firmware 059R2L5
  18. pankaj981's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,535 Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by james05gt View Post
    Yup, firmware 059R2L5

    Since the ROM is same as the unbranded version of the Rogers ROM, why don't you just flash the Rogers ROM? (059Q6W4)
  19. ghousuddin a's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #19  
    wp_20130926_002.jpg

    Lumia 720 has a notification icon for whatsapp where as my lumia 920 doesnt have . Can i know how can i get the whatsapp notification icon on my lumia 920 lock screen

    Thanks
  20. Xpider_MX's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    736 Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ghousuddin a View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20130926_002.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	286.1 KB 
ID:	44321

    Lumia 720 has a notification icon for whatsapp where as my lumia 920 doesnt have . Can i know how can i get the whatsapp notification icon on my lumia 920 lock screen

    Thanks
    Settings->Lock Screen:



    Click on the "+" icons and choose Whatsapp.
  21. james05gt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    36 Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by pankaj981 View Post
    Since the ROM is same as the unbranded version of the Rogers ROM, why don't you just flash the Rogers ROM? (059Q6W4)
    2 hours later and finally got gdr2/amber! thanks bud! yeah I couldn't flash the new version of 059Q6W4 due to the id check fail, had to use the older firmware and do the downgrade etc.. but finally I was able to flash the new 059R2L5 without any problems
    Thanked by:
  22. pankaj981's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,535 Posts
    #22  
    Didn't want to revive an old thread but can someone running the 059R2L5 ATT developer device firmware confirm if they received the Cyan update as per the article posted on wpcentral yesterday?


    Edit: Never mind, I wanted to flash it on my Rogers 920 to get Cyan but Rogers released it today anyways
    Last edited by pankaj981; 08-19-2014 at 08:54 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Nokia Lumia 620 AMBER Update India released Now
    By rafimd2 in forum Nokia Lumia 620
    Replies: 453
    Last Post: 04-02-2014, 11:52 PM
  2. Static IP on Lumia Amber
    By Mushfiqur Rahman Shishir in forum Nokia Lumia 820
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-10-2013, 05:39 AM
  3. Erratic Battery after Amber/GDR2
    By bassoprofundo in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-25-2013, 11:04 AM
  4. AIO Wireless, Lumia 620 for $99
    By Beacio_mo in forum Nokia Lumia 620
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2013, 11:59 AM
  5. Lumia 1520
    By Jump Jet in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2013, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions