Changed LCD. Glance Probelms

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So. I finally got around to changing my LCD but there seems to be an issue with my glance screen now.

Before I get into it, I am not sure if something is wrong witht he LCD or if it came with a screen protector on it already. The "issue" i have with the screen is that there are rows and coloums of these "Dots" on the screen. It's really not very visible but I can see it. I could have seen it before I installed the screen. There are also these faint boxes on the edge of the screen which line up with these dots. The texture of the screen also feels different from my old one. This has me to believe the new screen came with a screen protector on it, but for the life of me, I CANNOT find the edge to pull it off. It is more easily noticeable when the theme is white, but i have to bring the phone close to my eyes to see.

Also, sometimes depending on the angle the light hits the screen, i can see it.

Has any one had a similar experience? I have never used a screen protector on a phone so I don't know what it feels like lol.

The, back, home and search button are also more dimly light (looks almost defective). Or , it could be the plastic that's covering it which makes it looks so. Even these buttons feel so different. They don't vibrate as much as they used to when you touch them.

I'll upload a short video of what is happenign with my glance screen. When I first changed the screen (last night) it was fine. About half hour after, the problem happen. I tried a combination of various settins on and off, different themes, night mode etc, it was all the same. I took glance off over night and put it back on this morning. It was fine when I left home. By the time I got to work, 2 hours later, it started happening again, but no where near as bad as it was yesterday.

Note. it only happens on the glance screen. Which believes me to think nothing is wrong with the LCD. But then those stupid dots are questionable. I don't know if it's something on the screen :(

Vid here of glance screen.

https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

eugie

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
My phone also freeze its time reset it 3 times.,but the only problem was just a screen protector..now i do not use it but i
will buy new protector.

soloist_huaxin

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
well, sounds like you got a "conterfeited" screen/digitizer. I admit that "counterfeit" might be too heavy of a word since they still works, but I believe those little dots you were talking about are tiny junctions of the sensing capacitors from the digitizer. and the faint boxes on the edge might suggest a bad alignment between digitizer and screen. Screen might be good though.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
well, sounds like you got a "conterfeited" screen/digitizer. I admit that "counterfeit" might be too heavy of a word since they still works, but I believe those little dots you were talking about are tiny junctions of the sensing capacitors from the digitizer. and the faint boxes on the edge might suggest a bad alignment between digitizer and screen. Screen might be good though.

Interesting.

Will it last?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes