Thinking of getting a Lumia 920? This review did it for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Beautifully done. The author is a designer at Microsoft. Wish I was half as talented. My best creations are merely stick people in comparison. :unhappy:

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I managed to find a yellow Lumia 920 on ebay at a good price, got it today...it is way better than I expected and makes my Lumia 900 look and feel old! So yes, definitely no buyers regret here!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The honesty of that review is what makes it stand out. Really great camera work to sell the phone's different features, too.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I bought the lumia 820 to test weather i liked windows phone os & did so 3 months later bought the 920 love it love it love it, i always get a few wows when i show people even from iphone users

evilrob

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Dave Blake said:
This from our forum rules:

[INFO]Link to Mobile Nations Stories Only - Please link all related stories to the appropriate Mobile Nations blog. For example, if you are talking about a new Android device that just came out... Link to the story on the Android Central blog, instead of some other site. Chances are we wrote it first, better, and deserve a little love. In addition, do not copy and paste stories in their entirety. Writers (from all sites) work hard, and deserve proper credit. We reserve the right to remove links to posts or close threads linking to articles similar to those published.[/INFO]

Please do not links story's from other blogs on this forum. I am going through your posts and removing all the links to websites that are not part of the Mobile Nations family. Per our rules do not post links to outside websites in the future.

Thanks for understanding,
Dave Blake
What a shame - was a really great review.

bradbamford

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
What a shame - was a really great review.

No kidding, what a terrible policy. I understand it is a Mobile Nations forum and they can make all the self serving rules they want.
However, it really limits a real Windows Phone community voice with corporate rules like this.
What if Facebook only allowed links to Facebook posts, or Twitter only allowed links to Twitter Posts?
What is Mobile Nations so scared of, the cream always rises to the top.

donoester

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
No kidding, what a terrible policy. I understand it is a Mobile Nations forum and they can make all the self serving rules they want.
However, it really limits a real Windows Phone community voice with corporate rules like this.
What if Facebook only allowed links to Facebook posts, or Twitter only allowed links to Twitter Posts?
What is Mobile Nations so scared of, the cream always rises to the top.
Completely agreed, looks very absurd. But it must be because they must generate some income somehow - not that I quite get how this would work though. But if people were thus allowed to register and post links to other pages that generate revenues for their owners, then I do see the point of this. Not that i think that was Evilrob's intention at all.
"Chances are we wrote it first, better, and deserve a little love.". Chances are they didn't write it in the first place and/or have no intention to write about every story out there.... that's the problem.

cooltaj

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Their policy is so freaking unfair. Citing the source is a must for solution and journalism, period. Their policy is hypocritical. They want you to post your content/hacks/tips on their discussion forum without citing source. Lot of people run their blog/site which provides useful/helpful tips and if they take the chance to post their article here or if someone else does....THE SOURCE has to be cited. "No Outside links" crap builds a pool of resource that they OWN?? dahell.
We have to find a better, more open posting for Windows Phone and Windows related issue.

gfiz

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Holy cow, really? What a terrible policy

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

evilrob

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Now I'll never read the review :'(
If you were to type " into your favourite search engine, if you come across a review with beautiful photos written by a guy who switched from an iPhone, you will have found it.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
If you were to type " into your favourite search engine, if you come across a review with beautiful photos written by a guy who switched from an iPhone, you will have found it.

I am shocked that is a rule here on mobile nation. But as a forum owner, I do understand.

The review was excellent though. I searched through Bing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon