Sad, Sad, Day... Bye Bye Lumia 920

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Go and raise a complaint with your local BBB office and BestBuy will beg you to accept a Lumia 1020 pal. If the warranty covers the damage on the phone they MUST replace it or give you cash back, unless there was something explicitly described in the contract saying that they will not give a refund but just a credit in the case the honored warranty cannot be fullfilled.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
my phone at my local Best Buy back in November. And have broken the phone (long story)

So I took the phone to Best Buy to have it replaced under the plan I purchased. After a week they decided to junk it. What this means is they would not send me a refurbished phone. Instead they would pull one from stock at the store to replace it.

Turns out they don't have one, nor do any exist at a store near by. (later I find the stocks online are also depleted)

So they offer to give me credit equal to the off contract price of the 920, $599, to purchase another phone of my choosing.

Problem is, Best Buy, is not replenishing their stocks of Windows phones.. any of them, and they do not and will not offer any other model of Windows phone. According to them, "they just aren't selling".

I am not willing to go elsewhere to pay full off contract price for a new Windows phone.. This sucks!

I really like the Windows phone and want to help support it so it can grow. But without them being available...

I hate it when they use that "not selling card"...as a business you try to satisfy your customers to the highest standards, what I'm trying to say is what ever happened to convenience to customers ?...the sooner businesses learn that its the small things in life that can make a little heart so happy, the sooner their business will be ahead of the rest.

though please use this quote/question on them, I'd like to know how they answer: if it ain't selling then why did Microsoft spend $7.2 billion buying Nokia ?

Don Saintiano

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi There, ? I have a nokia Lumia 820, It's NOT locked
under any carrier, Nokia posted that The
Lumia 820 should get Amber in pakistan, and
my phone popped up an update notification, I
received 3 updates, all of them where
Microsoft updates (I didn't get the Nokia Update for Windows Phone), it's been over a
week, and i still get no updates are available
after my phone got GDR2, and i want the
Amber features. Any ideas on why my phone
isn't getting the Nokia Update for Windows
Phone? ? Here are the details of my phone: O/S Version: 8.0.10328.78 Firmware Revision: 1232.5957.1308.0001? <--
I assume this is supposed to be upgraded in
order to have amber. Hardware Revision: 1.0.0.0 Radio Software: 1.0.202093.3 Chip SoC Version: 8960 ? Manufacturer Name: RM-825_im_mea3_429 ? I really don't want to reset the phone just for
this, it's kind of frustrating to do such thing,
did anyone face a similar issue? (Note that i
have updated all the nokia apps on my
phone, i have the latest extras+Info app and
it doesn't show Amber under the Software Release Section. ? Thanks for any assistance...

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
A penny saved is a penny earned pal, he can order the device from BB online rather than gambling on ebay with their fees structure that is pants

So, you would rather overpay for a device and give Best Buy $600 for a 920 then give eBay $100 in fees (exaggerated) and have a 920 and $200 in your pocket?

I agree with your slogan, but your idea is to NOT save a penny...

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Given the fact I work part time at BB, I can sort of understand why they would not have any in stock at the store. However, it really doesn't make sense for it to not be available online. With that being said, the replacement plan issues a store credit worth the full price of the phone if they cannot send a refurbished one in 10 business days. To those asking for OP to demand cash, it just won't happen.

Someone said that BB should have put out a WP display to sell more. Problem is, that's not BB's problem. Carriers/Manufacturers pay BB to essentially "lease" space to have their displays up. When the 920 came out at the time, the displays we had going were the Iphone, GS3 and Note 2. We've redesigned the store now. Samsung has leased their own space to showcase not just their phones, but other products. Motorola has a space for their MotoX. HTC for the HTC One, and of course Apple is always there to showcase their phones. Heck, even LG has a small spot to showcase their Optimus line. Microsoft did partner with BB. However, the redesign came in the PC section. Some of the employees are actually meant to sale only PC devices (as they were MS shirts now). With that being said, this came in a little too late. Not only is the MS section on the PC side of the store, but all you see phone related over there is a small spot. It's all about the tablets and PCs.

Point is, MS/Nokia should have offered more money if they wanted to have a display at BB when the 920 came out.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
It's a sad day if a polar bear mauls your face and groin area.... and you end up hiddeous and dickless. You can always get another phone.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Given the fact I work part time at BB, I can sort of understand why they would not have any in stock at the store. However, it really doesn't make sense for it to not be available online. With that being said, the replacement plan issues a store credit worth the full price of the phone if they cannot send a refurbished one in 10 business days. To those asking for OP to demand cash, it just won't happen.

Someone said that BB should have put out a WP display to sell more. Problem is, that's not BB's problem. Carriers/Manufacturers pay BB to essentially "lease" space to have their displays up. When the 920 came out at the time, the displays we had going were the Iphone, GS3 and Note 2. We've redesigned the store now. Samsung has leased their own space to showcase not just their phones, but other products. Motorola has a space for their MotoX. HTC for the HTC One, and of course Apple is always there to showcase their phones. Heck, even LG has a small spot to showcase their Optimus line. Microsoft did partner with BB. However, the redesign came in the PC section. Some of the employees are actually meant to sale only PC devices (as they were MS shirts now). With that being said, this came in a little too late. Not only is the MS section on the PC side of the store, but all you see phone related over there is a small spot. It's all about the tablets and PCs.

Point is, MS/Nokia should have offered more money if they wanted to have a display at BB when the 920 came out.

Didn't Microsoft just pay a ton of money to have entire sections of Best Buy be devoted to Microsoft products? I've been to a few and only saw one Windows Phone on display (HTC 8X). They should have the entire Nokia Lumia lineup there like they do in the Microsoft Stores. Displaying the 920, 925, 928, and 1020 would really pique consumer interest, in my opinion. Especially the 1020 would draw some attention. If Microsoft needs to pay more money to BB to make this happen, they should do it.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
So, you would rather overpay for a device and give Best Buy $600 for a 920 then give eBay $100 in fees (exaggerated) and have a 920 and $200 in your pocket?

I agree with your slogan, but your idea is to NOT save a penny...

I'd use that bestbuy credit and go for a Lumia 1020.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos