Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I bought my phone at my local Best Buy back in November. And have broken the phone (long story)

So I took the phone to Best Buy to have it replaced under the plan I purchased. After a week they decided to junk it. What this means is they would not send me a refurbished phone. Instead they would pull one from stock at the store to replace it.

Turns out they don't have one, nor do any exist at a store near by. (later I find the stocks online are also depleted)

So they offer to give me credit equal to the off contract price of the 920, $599, to purchase another phone of my choosing.

Problem is, Best Buy, is not replenishing their stocks of Windows phones.. any of them, and they do not and will not offer any other model of Windows phone. According to them, "they just aren't selling".

I am not willing to go elsewhere to pay full off contract price for a new Windows phone.. This sucks!

I really like the Windows phone and want to help support it so it can grow. But without them being available...

Why are you restricted to buying from best buy only???
    ajj3085 likes this.

Perhaps if you raise enough of a stink they will give you a cash refund.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Best Buy is where my replacement plan is from.

Why don't you just order online from bestbuy?

nokia 920 - Best Buy
    Thanked by:
    jlzimmerman likes this.

Lumias are available at http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpa...=saas&st=lumia

Can you use your credit there?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reflexx View Post
    Lumias are available at lumia - Best Buy

Can you use your credit there?
    Thanks. Will look into it. They were unavailable online as last night when I checked then again when checked this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by KrankyKoder View Post
    Thanks. Will look into it. They were unavailable online as last night when I checked then again when checked this morning.
    They're changing it for you!
    😊

Of course the phone isn't selling; Best Buy doesn't even put them on display.

Global Posts
    1,376 Global Posts
    Throw in a few extra bucks and get yourself a L1020.
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...

599 full replacement cost is a pretty good deal! I'd take that and wait for a 1020 :D fingers crossed :D

Buy something else from best buy, sell it on ebay, buy new 920 from ebay...... Easy as ;)

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    BestBuy online has the 1020 for $609 off contract. use your credit online and get the 1020.

Global Posts
    922 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KrankyKoder View Post
    I bought my phone at my local Best Buy back in November. And have broken the phone (long story)

So I took the phone to Best Buy to have it replaced under the plan I purchased. After a week they decided to junk it. What this means is they would not send me a refurbished phone. Instead they would pull one from stock at the store to replace it.

Turns out they don't have one, nor do any exist at a store near by. (later I find the stocks online are also depleted)

So they offer to give me credit equal to the off contract price of the 920, $599, to purchase another phone of my choosing.

Problem is, Best Buy, is not replenishing their stocks of Windows phones.. any of them, and they do not and will not offer any other model of Windows phone. According to them, "they just aren't selling".

I am not willing to go elsewhere to pay full off contract price for a new Windows phone.. This sucks!

I really like the Windows phone and want to help support it so it can grow. But without them being available...
    I am sorry but I find this hard to believe. They have the 920 in stock on line and it is available ship to store. In Phoenix it is stocked in several stores. In fact online they have 20 different Windows Phones from all of the US carriers, with some even being on sale. Last I checked that is also not consistent with their replacement policy. Finally, Best Buy employees are not commission and have no reason to steer you to anything else. Quite the contrary, their priority is to keep you as a customer. I would suggest you need to speak to the manager....

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Just logged into the Best Buy here in Baton rouge La. and they have four models of windows phones for sale including the 920. they have them for AT&T, Verison and T-mobile. They only carrier they don't show a windows phone for is Sprint. fdalbor
    Thanked by:
    mary beth hale likes this.
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by bozza72 View Post
    Buy something else from best buy, sell it on ebay, buy new 920 from ebay...... Easy as ;)
    Makes no sense, he/she will suffer loss.

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by fdalbor View Post
    Just logged into the Best Buy here in Baton rouge La. and they have four models of windows phones for sale including the 920. they have them for AT&T, Verison and T-mobile. They only carrier they don't show a windows phone for is Sprint. fdalbor
    Made me laugh.

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here

Global Posts
    1,330 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
    Makes no sense, he/she will suffer loss.
    They will have a loss, but they will not lose on the deal. It would work because they are giving him so much for his broken phone.

You can go on eBay and buy a 920 for $300...all day long. So, he gets $600, sells that for $500 to someone else so they can get WHATEVER they want...goes and gets a $300 used phone and pockets $200.

Sure he lost $100 but still is ahead.
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Curtieson View Post
    They will have a loss, but they will not lose on the deal. It would work because they are giving him so much for his broken phone.

You can go on eBay and buy a 920 for $300...all day long. So, he gets $600, sells that for $500 to someone else so they can get WHATEVER they want...goes and gets a $300 used phone and pockets $200.

Sure he lost $100 but still is ahead.
    A penny saved is a penny earned pal, he can order the device from BB online rather than gambling on ebay with their fees structure that is pants

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
    A penny saved is a penny earned pal, he can order the device from BB online rather than gambling on ebay with their fees structure that is pants
    The FEES omg the FEES! WTF is wrong with eBay and those crazy fees?
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by FinancialP View Post
    The FEES omg the FEES! WTF is wrong with eBay and those crazy fees?
    Check the bold part.

Thanked by:
    jbjtkbw00#AC and FinancialP like this.

Quote Originally Posted by archersvalley View Post
    Why are you restricted to buying from best buy only???
    They gave him store credit for the $599.

Global Posts
    800 Global Posts
    Yea dude! Get a 1020 or 925 if you can. $599 for your 920 is stellar! Maybe I should get their replacement plan. How much was it? xD

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Really surprising considering that MS & BestBuy had a thing going a few months ago.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I would buy an iPhone 5S and sell that to Gazelle, and buy a 925 (or something) off contract.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast