GPS in Honduras? NO NAVIGATION message

spasticnapjerk

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Good morning everyone. This is my first post. wpcentral seems like a great place to find answers, so here goes.

I'm having GPS problems. Obviously AT&T Navigator isn't going to work. But I downloaded a Honduras map for HERE Drive, and I think that is working totally offline, using only the gps. It displays the route on the map BUT here's the problem. When I press the Navigate button I get "NO NAVIGATION, your route runs through a country of area where navigation isn't available yet."

Some phone details: I bought a refurbished Lumina 920 RM-821 from Amazon, but the seller sent me an RM-820. I thought I needed the 821 because I live in Honduras (working at an Army-AF base) and it is the international version. Nevertheless, the phone works with my Claro chip, one of the local Honduran carriers, and I'm getting phone and data service. The phone ran through some updates (not amber, unfortunately, but that's another question for another thread) and now the wi-fi is working pretty good.

Why am I getting that error message? Is there a different GPS app that will work. Do I really need the RM-821 model? Will I always have some kind of configuration problem trying to use this phone in Honduras?

Thanks for all the replies!

Drew
Honduras

spasticnapjerk

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
montsa007, did that, still get the message. I looked on the HERE Drive website and Honduras is not listed as one of the supported countries. So that's that.

Now the question for everyone is, is there an app that offers gps-only turn-by-turn navigation for the Nokia 920 in Honduras?

Drew

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
montsa007, did that, still get the message. I looked on the HERE Drive website and Honduras is not listed as one of the supported countries. So that's that.

Now the question for everyone is, is there an app that offers gps-only turn-by-turn navigation for the Nokia 920 in Honduras?

Drew

I really doubt that there are any other players for that country on windows platform :s.

spasticnapjerk

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks bender. I looked them up. They have maps for the US, Europe, and Australia but nothing for Central America or even Mexico. That's odd because that's a Garmin company and they have maps for pretty much everything.

The list of reasons for abandoning this phone is growing. I love my 920, it's an awesome phone. It looks great, the interface is slick, and it has great battery life. The platform I'm switching from, which shall not be named here haha, certainly isn't perfect but has OSAnd, a host of call blocking apps, and VPN support (even more necessary in Honduras). The 920 is supposed to have some great camera apps but I can't use them because I can't upgrade to the latest, nor do I know when I could. I'm trying to figure out if I can live without the functionality I mentioned.

Drew

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
well it doesnt work in dominican republic neither, it used to work like a charm on my old N97 so i dont really get why it doesnt on the newer version of nokia's maps, i hope they update it to support more countries soon

Nikitt0

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
As mentioned before, in Dominican Republic is not working either which is a shame on MS and Nokia I just ditched an android phone for a Nokia Lumia 830 to my surprise I cannot use route navigation anymore I so regret this change I will end up selling this device to go back to android

Anyhow I downloaded Gmaps which is google but it looks like the navigation redirects you to Here Drive so I downloaded Waze and it is working fine does the job, but I loved the google maps performance on my android device.

so pissed of, thank you Nokia, thank you MS:angry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786