Tiles not responding

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
This happen frequently with my half-year-old lumia 920; I open my phone's lock and then I press f.e. Whatsapp tile on my start screen and it doesn't do anything. I can see the tile shake a bit from touching it but it doesn't take me to the app. Same applies to almost all of my apps but for example text messages, call etc. There is no other way to fix it than reboot the phone. This problem occurs very often, I have to reboot it like every other day. Is anybody else experiencing the same issue? Do you know what causes it?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
This happen frequently with my half-year-old lumia 920; I open my phone's lock and then I press f.e. Whatsapp tile on my start screen and it doesn't do anything. I can see the tile shake a bit from touching it but it doesn't take me to the app. Same applies to almost all of my apps but for example text messages, call etc. There is no other way to fix it than reboot the phone. This problem occurs very often, I have to reboot it like every other day. Is anybody else experiencing the same issue? Do you know what causes it?

Have you tried just locking/unlocking (tap power to turn off scree, tap again and swipe up)

Sometimes I'll have an app that sticks like that...where I can still press the tiles and see the interaction but it doesn't progress in the app at all. I just turn the screen off and back on and it is good to go.

Sounds like you might have to do a hard reset though (and take it back if it continues after that)

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I have tried that locking/unlocking thing many times but it never helped.

I probably should do a hard reset. I have backup copy of my system; does it save my apps' information as well or will be erases. Thats' what I'm fearing for :I

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I probably should do a hard reset. I have backup copy of my system; does it save my apps' information as well or will be erases. Thats' what I'm fearing for :I

It does not...not that I am aware of at least (not sure if GDR# has it)...I feel my phone is getting slugish and could use a reset but fear losing all my game saves...if only Devs cared enough to set their games to backup on the cloud like Taptitude does!!!

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
So... Am I alone with this problem? My phone usually works properly but this problem occurs a few times a week and I then I always have to reboot the phone.

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I haven't experienced this issue for a few days but that probably doesn't mean it has gone for good. It's annoying when it happens

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss