Microsoft Account gives me error code

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I got a replacement device, and I signed in with my Microsoft account. Everything works fine, I can download apps, etc. But it says Attention required, and it gave me an error code. I thought it was the devices fault, so I asked for another replacement phone, but this had the same issue. It doesn't do this on the Lumia I want replaced. Why?

Btw, it synced for a bit, then gave me the error code. Not all my text messages are backed up.

Here is the screenshot of the error code. https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=DDF1DD9F8525461E!1185&authkey=!AHOtXwfgaiYC91g&v=3

Please help! Thanks.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I had this the other day when I was restoring my 8X from a hard reset. All I did was keep retrying until all the texts were restored, everything worked as normal afterwards.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why it does this. Please help. And I tried disabling chat backup, didn't work. Tried re-enabling it again, didn't work. Still get that error code.

sddjd

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I had the exact same issue several times, tried disabling text backup, etc, to no avail.

My microsoft account is tied to an msn.com address, so I created a new email account (hotmail) pointed to that. All synced perfectly, so I set the Microsoft Account to sync nothing at all. Several days later I checked back with the Microsoft Account settings, and enabled the email sync and it took. Really I have no use for it now that the duplicate is set up, so it's basically just there in the background.

Clearly there's something afoot in how the phone sees these accounts as they tie to email accounts. Probably doesn't help that MS keeps bouncing from hotmail, to msn, to outlook.com. There are countless posts on MS' support boards, with the usual worthless responses from "support".

Maybe this would be a workaround...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3