Dropped L920: Now people are saying I sound muffled???

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Last week, I dropped my phone about 4 feet, it hit a metal bar on the way down, then flipped over onto the screen. Ouch.

Not only did my screen shatter, but ever since, people have been having a lot of trouble understanding me on phone calls. They say I sound very muffled and distant. Could I have done damage to the microphone as well?

Another thing I've noticed recently; when I'm using my phone a lot, the battery drains VERY quickly, and completely skips over Battery Saver Mode, going straight to "Battery Critically Low." The screen never dims, I will have 50% battery left when all of a sudden POOF my phone is about to die. When this happens, I turn it off, wait a few minutes, then turn it back on only to have about 35% battery magically re-appear. Battery damage?

Please help. :unhappysweat:

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
By reading about the extent of damage your phone took and the problems it has now, I would agree with iamtim - at minimum you will need a new LCD+digitizer unit, ambient light sensor, microphone and battery - these would easily run up to around ~$170 - not to mention there is no guarantee the phone would behave like it did even you manage to repair it.

it would be better to sell you phone as-is for parts and move on to another 92x

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...well its functioning "ok" for now, I dont really make that many phone calls, and im not due for an upgrade until spring. I guess I'll just have to wait it out as long as possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos