- 10-08-2013, 11:10 AM #1
Last week, I dropped my phone about 4 feet, it hit a metal bar on the way down, then flipped over onto the screen. Ouch.
Not only did my screen shatter, but ever since, people have been having a lot of trouble understanding me on phone calls. They say I sound very muffled and distant. Could I have done damage to the microphone as well?
Another thing I've noticed recently; when I'm using my phone a lot, the battery drains VERY quickly, and completely skips over Battery Saver Mode, going straight to "Battery Critically Low." The screen never dims, I will have 50% battery left when all of a sudden POOF my phone is about to die. When this happens, I turn it off, wait a few minutes, then turn it back on only to have about 35% battery magically re-appear. Battery damage?
10-08-2013, 12:46 PM #3
- 194 Posts
By reading about the extent of damage your phone took and the problems it has now, I would agree with iamtim - at minimum you will need a new LCD+digitizer unit, ambient light sensor, microphone and battery - these would easily run up to around ~$170 - not to mention there is no guarantee the phone would behave like it did even you manage to repair it.
it would be better to sell you phone as-is for parts and move on to another 92x
- By mohit9206 in forum Nokia Lumia 520Replies: 7Last Post: 10-11-2013, 08:20 AM
- By ginga_d in forum HTC 8XReplies: 3Last Post: 10-11-2013, 05:38 AM
- By KRayn3r in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 10-08-2013, 09:05 AM
- By drg in forum App SpotlightReplies: 2Last Post: 10-08-2013, 06:24 AM
- By abhishake620 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-07-2013, 04:22 PM