Bricked during GDR 2

Cornercurve

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I actually have a new problem. My update went through after 45 min. But as soon as I put my phone to sleep the screen becomes disabled. I can click the middle button to get to lock screen but cannot swipe up. The cApacitive buttons do not work either. Only the side physical buttons work. However if I reset my phone through volume down and power the touchscreen can be used again. But if I put it to sleep again, screen becomes disabled again. Anyone else have this?

Have the exact same problem...not happy.

Sean Miller4

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Scoooters its called planning ahead, as i have posted today on other threads about bricked phones you had 2 bricked phones because your impatient and dont know what your doing, factory resetting phones every other month cause you think it will fix some problem you were supposedly having. i have personally had it take 10-15 hrs to do a reset, heres and idea start it before you goto bed and you got a good 8-9 hrs jump on it, Truth is after 8 hrs or so i lose track it might not have ever taken more than say 7 hrs but i do it before i goto bed, so you can say you didnt reset all you want but i know after, 2 or 3 hrs you and every other person that bricks them restarts the phone unplugs it turns it off whatever you interrupt it. My wifes IOS7 update took like 18 hrs to complete, and your complaining about 5. The bigger and more complex the OS get and the bigger your storage is because its backing up everything you have on your phone if you got 20 gigs of crap on your phone guess how long it takes to move 20 gigs to a backup? A VERY LONG TIME. So yes its your fault the other 2 were also your fault. Stop giving nokia a bad name with your impatient ignorance to electronics.

blnwp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine is 40 mins and going. I'm little worried now. I've to leave work in another 30 mins. Can I take it off the charger while the gears spin? The battery is at 100%. I can connect it back to power in 2hrs. Please help.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
People needs to be patient with the update and don't touch the phone... If you mess with it during the update, it could brick

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I have always done a soft reset before an update.
30 minutes to download with my slow connection. This makes it around a 1.3 - 1.4GB download.
10 minutes at preparing to install
15 minutes at the gears
22 minutes at migrating data.

outback15

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
The consensus in here is that the length of time to complete the update varies according to the no of apps, amount of data files u have, and ur internet speed. Mine took only 30min bcos I don't have a lot of data and apps. Others have indicated completion in 2.5hrs. But they completed it anyway. Patience pls.

heather70732

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I understand what you are saying but my phone had nothing on it. I have only had it for four months! My pictures only had about fifteen or twenty. This is the second phone that has done this. One took over fifteen hours and finally came out of it as I was driving to an att store, that was the second phone that att had given me because the first never came out of the gears. This phone was a new upgrade phone!

scooooters

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
It's fine...I'll leave it alone until tomorrow morning. At that point in time, if it's not done with whatever it needs to do, I'll return it to AT and T and just buy a functioning phone that isn't Windows based or at least from a company that didn't have to have Microsoft buy it out to keep from going under. What a nightmare and it will send people away. Consumers are tired of having niggling little issues when all they want to do is work and make phone calls. Nokia sent me 2 separate phones after ADMITTING that the phones have flaws and brick rather easily. I never had issues with my iphone like this...ever.

Khyzersoze

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Crap, I did the volume down + power button reset during the spinning gear screen after waiting 15-20min the first time after the installed updates. After I did the reset, it's back in the spinning gears again. Will it just restart or pick up where it left off.... or did I just screw myself?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I dont know how many people i have to explain this to, the phone is SUPPOSED to go into spinning, depending what data you and whats installed this can range anywhere from 10 minutes to literally 15-20 hrs, you resetting while the gears are spinnign is essentially interupting the flash and then you possibly brick your phone, all you impatient people bricking your phones and blaming nokia and everybody is ridiculous, they never said it would be under a certain amount of time, you cant wait then you deserve a bricked phone. I'm here to there is NO PROBLEM with bricked phones except people resetting it in the middle of an update or reset, its your fault, returning the phone to at&t because you didnt wait until update was done. At&t has no clue about windows phones they dont know any different. You CANNOT interrupt a flash in the middle of it, doesnt matter what your flashing, routers, phones, usb, they have to finish or you risk bricking whatever your flashing. And it has nothing to do with any hardware what so ever. If you have spinning gears its fine plug it in leave it alone might take all night next day it will be updated. If you dont like waiting that long then delete all the crap off your phone BEFORE you try to update it will update in 20 min easy.

Hey guys, 20 hour long updates are just fine, there is nothing wrong with this at all, ill just put my phone down for 20 hours and update my phone.

Ill just use my iphone 4 for the time being and update to ios7 which takes about 30 minutes. :)

FYI, i had a phone spin for 8 hours, that is just retarded if you ask me.

srmiller82

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
As I said in other posts my wife updated her iPhone 4 it took 18 hours so dont be dumb. Varies from phone to phone just like windows,in fact she had tons if stuff stop working after such as txting and mainstream stuff she ended up getting rid of it. So yeah apple is soooo much better.

scooooters

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, when your phone acts like this on an iphone, you make a trip to the Apple store, and they give you another one....and that doesn't take 17 hours.

outback15

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
To Khyzersoze: Don't worry. It will restart or pick up where it left off. But it will get done. Pls post again if u r successful for the peace of mind of others who may have done the same.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine took over two hours. I just left it. I wouldn't touch it

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb