Internet Sharing constantly disconnecting

Mathew de Detrich

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 920 locked from an australian carrier (Telstra) and when using internet sharing, it constantly disconnects, often after a few minutes of usage. Since the internet sharing works in the first place, its definitely not an issue with the APN (and manually adding a second APN in settings -> Access Points does nothing when used with internet sharing).

For those wondering, I am using a macbook pro (2011 model, 64bit fully updated) when connecting to internet sharing, and I can verify that other laptops have the same problem.

Does anyone know if there is a solution for this. Its incredibly annoying, I have reconnected like 50 times from just using the phone today

Abid Hussain Hpt

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

i have the same issue with my lumia 620, the internet sharing via wi-fi disconnects after a few mins of inactivity
had read about the disconnecting thing when i first tried internet sharing, it is a feature in WP8 for saving battery
to add salt to injury you cannot disable this behavior
have been disappointed by this feature rather than delighted
hope the developers give some ears to this issue and allow user to enable/disable this feature

Mathew de Detrich

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

i have the same issue with my lumia 620, the internet sharing via wi-fi disconnects after a few mins of inactivity
had read about the disconnecting thing when i first tried internet sharing, it is a feature in WP8 for saving battery
to add salt to injury you cannot disable this behavior
have been disappointed by this feature rather than delighted
hope the developers give some ears to this issue and allow user to enable/disable this feature

The disconnect happens even when I am using the internet though

DrDon

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone find a solve to this issue? It started on my Lumia 1020 after the upgrade to 8.1. The length of time it'll stay connected varies from a couple minutes to half an hour. That's when the phone is set to share via WiFi. If I set Internet Sharing to Bluetooth, it works just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3