Price for fixing Lumia 920 screen?

LuaNathan

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
V__0E26.jpg

Hey, guys.

I dropped my Lumia 920 today from my pants pocket. I didn't think anything of the drop, considering I had done it before. Upon picking up my phone, I noticed terrible looking cracks, which you can see in the image above.

I checked the Nokia support site and I was wondering how much it usually costs to get the screen repaired, before I end up sending it in.

Thanks!

PoorInRichfield

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, my phone looks just like yours after I dropped it on some concrete from less than 2' this Sunday :angry: My wife seems to enjoy reminding me that she told me to get a phone cover about a million times and never did. :straight:

Radio Shack offers a screen repair service for mobile devices and the web site lists the Nokia Lumia 920 as one of the phones they fix. I don't know what the cost is yet, but going through Radio Shack seems to be the least shady means of getting the screen repaired that I've seen so far, and the site claims they'll do it in less than 72 hours.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I just got a new 920 from b&h photo for $200. Might be easier just to replace the phone and get a fresh battery 🔋 while you're at it.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I also have dropped my 920. Thought it was the screen, is it actually the digitizer? The touch screen still works...

You can buy an aftermarket screen/lcd assembly for about $40. It is very easy to replace on the 920. If you want to do the outer glass only, that's possible too.

If you haven't done it before, I'd recommend the full assembly. You will also need T2, T4, and T5 torx screwdrivers. You can buy a kit of those on ebay as well (very hard to find them in stores because they are so small).

After you have the screen and the tools, you have around 10 screws, a couple of flex cable connectors, and a few coax snap connectors, and you have a new phone.

This and the 635 are probably the two easiest ones to replace the whole lcd/touchscreen assembly on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss