920 will not charge when usin a wall charger

NokFromApp

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I received a replacement 920 from Nokia earlier this week. Everything worked well till I noticed an odd issue this morning. Last night, I had set it charge and this morning it was at 100%, but the phone did not show the charger as being connected to the device. So I let the battery drain a little bit (to about 90%) and then tried to plug in the charger again. Still no luck. So I tried the following, all to no avail
1. Plugged the wall charger in a different socket
2. Plugged the same wall charger to my 520 and it charged the 520, ruling out the charger being defective
3. Plugged my 520 charger into the 920 and the phone still did not charge

Tried the Vol down + Power button, but that did not help either

At this point, I am guessing this is a hardware issue and the phone needs to go back to Nokia. I wanted to check if anyone else has had the same experience and if there is any other fix. If I have an option, I wouldn't want to send the phone back!!

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I had my 920 battery replaced last week today I discover that the phone is back to charging to 70% same problem as before I sent it in to be fixed.
Not happy about it as I lose the phone for 1 week each time I send it in might not be staying with windows phone thinking of trying Galaxy S4 or the dreaded IPhone.

NokFromApp

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I had my 920 battery replaced last week today I discover that the phone is back to charging to 70% same problem as before I sent it in to be fixed.
Not happy about it as I lose the phone for 1 week each time I send it in might not be staying with windows phone thinking of trying Galaxy S4 or the dreaded IPhone.
I am in the same boat. AT&T is ready to give me an upgrade and I was thinking of getting a 1020. But after the problems I've had with my various 920s, I am having to reconsider that decision. I am now exhausted setting up the phone every few days/months, then living without it for a week because something on the phone stops to work

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo