Changing email address for microsoft account

Speedoman

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I set up a long time ago my Microsoft account with my virgin.net email address as the primary email address.

About three weeks ago I got an outlook email address which is now is my main email address and I have changed it to my primary email address in my Microsoft account.

I have not deleted the virgin.net email address from the Microsoft account yet.

My laptop running windows 8 has automatically been changed to my new outlook email address for the Microsoft account.

My nokia 920 is still showing the virgin.net email address for the Microsoft account.

So to change it to the outlook email address from what I understand I have to reset the phone.

So I do the backup on my phone then reset the phone.

If I wasn?t changing my email address then obviously I sign in with the virgin.net email address.

So if I sign in with the new outlook email address, will my backup still be restored?

And will it be restored because the virgin.net is not the primary email address on my Microsoft account?

If I try deleting my virgin.net email address from the Microsoft account, a message appears saying:

Warning: You might not want to change this email address if you've used it to set up a Windows Phone. On your phone, features that use this address will stop working, including Marketplace, Xbox LIVE, SkyDrive, email and others. To use these features again on your phone, you'd need to restore it to factory settings, which erases all personal content.

If you remove this alias, you will no longer be able to use it to sign in to Microsoft services.

Thanks for any help with this!

Speedoman

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for getting back.

I don?t have any purchases.

The virgin.net is an alias of my Microsoft account.

Does this mean after resetting the phone I can sign in with the outlook email address, restore the backup and then delete the virgin.net from my Microsoft account?

Thank you

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
How long have you had your virgin.net address. You don't need to delete it if it is an alias just in case if anybody still emails you at that email.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos