What color is your Lumia 920?

EZJ

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty much sold on getting a Lumia 920 now. I'm just doubting what color to get. So here I am asking for "real pictures" from you guys, so no official pictures or renders or such things and ofcourse why you choose the color you have.

To be honest I'm stuck choosing between the matte grey/gray and the glossy white. What would you recommend?

aftershockEWS

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine is Cyan.
I had a black 900. About a month ago I forgot I had it in my lap while driving to a job. When I got out of the van it fell face first onto the concrete. I paid the 125$ deductable on my insurance and was sent a cyan 920

bodha

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Mine is glossy white, just got it two days ago, and obviously the first thing I did was that I dropped it on the bathroom floor. It got a small dent on the corner and a hairline crack on the polycarbonate on top of the device. I think the crack is more visible on the white because it gets darker from the dust it collects, but it really isn't visible even then. Other than that, the white is amazing. I ended up with it because with only black/white/gray you can use all the accent colors without "mismatching" with the color of the phone, but with the white also a white background on my screen looks pretty neat. Especially after using a cyan Lumia 800 with a black background for the past 2 years.

The white doesn't show fingerprints as easily as the black one, though it is more slippery because it's glossy.

And out of topic, but the camera is absolutely unbelievable. I was toying with it yesterday night and it's low light quality exceeded my already high expectations.

Below a pic of the phone to show how unnoticeable the crack really is. Can you see it on the top bezel of the device? The photo was taken with my trusty Lumia 800, which feels like a baby phone now. (Although when I got it after my previous tiny feature phone, even the Lumia 800 felt huge.)

WP_000904.jpg

Last edited:

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
yellow, i have never been a yellow person, but the yellow gloss 920 is a thing of beauty and i was suprised i liked it

Attachments

• 2013-10-26-0577-yellowed.jpg
    2013-10-26-0577-yellowed.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 2013-10-26-0576-yellowed.jpg
    2013-10-26-0576-yellowed.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 4

evilrob

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I had the same dilemma of choosing between the grey and the white. I went with the white because I could get a white one for ?230 from Tesco Direct here in the UK, and the cheapest I could find a grey one was ?100 more. You can always get the official CC-1043 rubber case in grey if you fancy a change at a later date. It looks nice.

The 920 is a great choice of phone - I just recently switched from iPhone to Windows Phone and I am delighted with the 920.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If you're planning to put your Lumia into a tight fit case, I'd suggest not getting the matte versions.
A while ago some users with matte 920s using the official Nokia case had their matte coating wear off due to dust getting trapped between the case and the phone.

I have the glossy yellow 920, love it! Blue has always been my favourite colour but this yellow was just begging for my attention.

If you're not planning to put it into a case, I'd suggest the grey. It's much nicer and fewer people have it. Wanted the grey initially but I'd have to get it shipped from overseas.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Mine is black, but I recently bought the CC-1043 yellow and red cases for it. Started using the red with the red theme today and love it!

photo.JPG

(sorry for the incorrect rotation - my iPod touch is apparently retarded, lol).

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Cyan with a black 1043 case to protect it while im working . The cc1043 case stained my cyan. There's little smudges marks on the phones casing that I can't clean off .it only started after using the yellow,black and cyan cc-1043

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine is glossy white, just got it two days ago, and obviously the first thing I did was that I dropped it on the bathroom floor. It got a small dent on the corner and a hairline crack on the polycarbonate on top of the device. I think the crack is more visible on the white because it gets darker from the dust it collects, but it really isn't visible even then. Other than that, the white is amazing. I ended up with it because with only black/white/gray you can use all the accent colors without "mismatching" with the color of the phone, but with the white also a white background on my screen looks pretty neat. Especially after using a cyan Lumia 800 with a black background for the past 2 years.

The white doesn't show fingerprints as easily as the black one, though it is more slippery because it's glossy.

And out of topic, but the camera is absolutely unbelievable. I was toying with it yesterday night and it's low light quality exceeded my already high expectations.

Below a pic of the phone to show how unnoticeable the crack really is. Can you see it on the top bezel of the device? The photo was taken with my trusty Lumia 800, which feels like a baby phone now. (Although when I got it after my previous tiny feature phone, even the Lumia 800 felt huge.)

View attachment 47940

Your reasons are the exact same reasons I have a white 920. I started off with a black, sold it after it started acting up, got a red one, and traded someone for a white one because I couldn't stand the accent colors mismatching the color of my phone. With white, my color can be anything and the phone with "clash" colors. Also, the microphone on this phone has worked better than any 920 I've owned/tried. Could be a coincidence with server improvements, but I used speech on my red 920 right before I traded it, and my new white gets things right that my red one wasn't getting right 2 mins earlier, so I believe there are a lotta bad builds out there.

EZJ

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I think I will be going with the white then. I think I really like it more than the black. The black one "loses too much of it's design" by being so black and thus hardly noticable.

h_portal

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Mine is black, and while I love it's "stealthiness" sometimes I wish it was red or white.

d0503fea86e6c842034c6a87d71da47e.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss