Glance screen glitchy as F

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
My cousin got his 920 2 weeks ago and he's really happy with it, it's cool for me too because he's like the first person I know with a wp besides me...(kinda sad...)
Anyway his glance screen is totally f*cked up, has anyone else experienced this bug? Does anyone know a solution?
It really sucks...
WP_20131021_16_29_21_Pro.jpg
p.s. sorry for the out-of-focus picture but you can clearly see what I mean

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Can you be a bit less demonstrative and say clearly what you are talking about. I can't tell much from this picture.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Can you be a bit less demonstrative and say clearly what you are talking about. I can't tell much from this picture.
Well the lines you see running across the screen just kinda sit there twitching and flickering around, it just looks really glitchy and broken

tardisintime

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I started experiencing the same thing yesterday. The screen flickering. At first I thought it might have the the Glance Background Beta app. So I uninstalled that. Still had the same flickering on the regular glance screen, so I just turned it off. Haven't tried today.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I started experiencing the same thing yesterday. The screen flickering. At first I thought it might have the the Glance Background Beta app. So I uninstalled that. Still had the same flickering on the regular glance screen, so I just turned it off. Haven't tried today.

So you didn't have it before?

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
You might have discovered a hardware glitch. Has he talked to AT&T or whatever carrier you use?

We live in Holland and my cousin actually says he doesn't care enough to go to his carrier (which I really don't get because I would be going crazy if my 920 had this bug)

I actually think it's a software fault though because why would he only have the flickering screen when his glance screen is activated and not at any other moment? That sounds logical right?
If I don't find any better solution I might try to convince him into doing a hard reset and if that doesn't work he should definitely get a replacement...

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
We live in Holland and my cousin actually says he doesn't care enough to go to his carrier (which I really don't get because I would be going crazy if my 920 had this bug)

I actually think it's a software fault though because why would he only have the flickering screen when his glance screen is activated and not at any other moment? That sounds logical right?
If I don't find any better solution I might try to convince him into doing a hard reset and if that doesn't work he should definitely get a replacement...

Holland? Man I love the interwebz! Good luck if you can get him to hardware reset his phone. Have you tried a soft reset?

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Holland? Man I love the interwebz! Good luck if you can get him to hardware reset his phone. Have you tried a soft reset?

Yep we tried that too :(
And I just found another thread with loads of other people with the same problem, a couple of them say a hard-reset doesn't work... So I guess he'll have to get it replaced...

Dietrich Cleijne

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
According to the Glance app in my Phone it is still in Beta, so i guess it still can have some issues which will be solved (i hope) in a definite version.
My Glance works fine by the way, but i tend to taylor the picture i use to the exact size of the screen. Maybe the problem has something to do with pictures being to large?

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
According to the Glance app in my Phone it is still in Beta, so i guess it still can have some issues which will be solved (i hope) in a definite version.
My Glance works fine by the way, but i tend to taylor the picture i use to the exact size of the screen. Maybe the problem has something to do with pictures being to large?

It's not just with a background but also
when just using the regular glance screen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo