Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DennisvdG
  • 1 Post By Dietrich Cleijne

My cousin got his 920 2 weeks ago and he's really happy with it, it's cool for me too because he's like the first person I know with a wp besides me...(kinda sad...)
    Anyway his glance screen is totally f*cked up, has anyone else experienced this bug? Does anyone know a solution?
    It really sucks...
    wp_20131021_16_29_21_pro.jpg
    p.s. sorry for the out-of-focus picture but you can clearly see what I mean

Can you be a bit less demonstrative and say clearly what you are talking about. I can't tell much from this picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazmac View Post
    Can you be a bit less demonstrative and say clearly what you are talking about. I can't tell much from this picture.
    Well the lines you see running across the screen just kinda sit there twitching and flickering around, it just looks really glitchy and broken

Yeah, I see now. Did he update to GDR3 dev preview?

Yeah, I see now. Did he update to GDR3 dev preview?
    Yes I did that for him today actually but it didn't help

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I started experiencing the same thing yesterday. The screen flickering. At first I thought it might have the the Glance Background Beta app. So I uninstalled that. Still had the same flickering on the regular glance screen, so I just turned it off. Haven't tried today.

Quote Originally Posted by tardisintime View Post
    I started experiencing the same thing yesterday. The screen flickering. At first I thought it might have the the Glance Background Beta app. So I uninstalled that. Still had the same flickering on the regular glance screen, so I just turned it off. Haven't tried today.
    So you didn't have it before?

Quote Originally Posted by DennisvdG View Post
    Yes I did that for him today actually but it didn't help
    You might have discovered a hardware glitch. Has he talked to AT&T or whatever carrier you use?

You might have discovered a hardware glitch. Has he talked to AT&T or whatever carrier you use?
    We live in Holland and my cousin actually says he doesn't care enough to go to his carrier (which I really don't get because I would be going crazy if my 920 had this bug)

I actually think it's a software fault though because why would he only have the flickering screen when his glance screen is activated and not at any other moment? That sounds logical right?
    If I don't find any better solution I might try to convince him into doing a hard reset and if that doesn't work he should definitely get a replacement...

We live in Holland and my cousin actually says he doesn't care enough to go to his carrier (which I really don't get because I would be going crazy if my 920 had this bug)

I actually think it's a software fault though because why would he only have the flickering screen when his glance screen is activated and not at any other moment? That sounds logical right?
    If I don't find any better solution I might try to convince him into doing a hard reset and if that doesn't work he should definitely get a replacement...
    Holland? Man I love the interwebz! Good luck if you can get him to hardware reset his phone. Have you tried a soft reset?

Holland? Man I love the interwebz! Good luck if you can get him to hardware reset his phone. Have you tried a soft reset?
    Yep we tried that too :(
    And I just found another thread with loads of other people with the same problem, a couple of them say a hard-reset doesn't work... So I guess he'll have to get it replaced...
    Jazmac likes this.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    No, this was the first time it happened. I tried Glance again today and it's working fine.

i have the same problem, it works ok some times but some it don't, so it's turned off for me
    According to the Glance app in my Phone it is still in Beta, so i guess it still can have some issues which will be solved (i hope) in a definite version.
    My Glance works fine by the way, but i tend to taylor the picture i use to the exact size of the screen. Maybe the problem has something to do with pictures being to large?

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrich Cleijne View Post
    According to the Glance app in my Phone it is still in Beta, so i guess it still can have some issues which will be solved (i hope) in a definite version.
    My Glance works fine by the way, but i tend to taylor the picture i use to the exact size of the screen. Maybe the problem has something to do with pictures being to large?
    It's not just with a background but also
    when just using the regular glance screen
    It's not just with a background but also
    when just using the regular glance screen
    Then i guess it's a faulty device?
    Jazmac likes this.