My cousin got his 920 2 weeks ago and he's really happy with it, it's cool for me too because he's like the first person I know with a wp besides me...(kinda sad...)
    Anyway his glance screen is totally f*cked up, has anyone else experienced this bug? Does anyone know a solution?
    It really sucks...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20131021_16_29_21_Pro.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	47950
    p.s. sorry for the out-of-focus picture but you can clearly see what I mean
    10-26-2013 10:49 AM
    Can you be a bit less demonstrative and say clearly what you are talking about. I can't tell much from this picture.
    10-26-2013 11:17 AM
    Can you be a bit less demonstrative and say clearly what you are talking about. I can't tell much from this picture.
    Well the lines you see running across the screen just kinda sit there twitching and flickering around, it just looks really glitchy and broken
    10-26-2013 11:20 AM
    Yeah, I see now. Did he update to GDR3 dev preview?
    10-26-2013 11:42 AM
    Yeah, I see now. Did he update to GDR3 dev preview?
    Yes I did that for him today actually but it didn't help
    10-26-2013 11:49 AM
    I started experiencing the same thing yesterday. The screen flickering. At first I thought it might have the the Glance Background Beta app. So I uninstalled that. Still had the same flickering on the regular glance screen, so I just turned it off. Haven't tried today.
    10-26-2013 12:44 PM
    I started experiencing the same thing yesterday. The screen flickering. At first I thought it might have the the Glance Background Beta app. So I uninstalled that. Still had the same flickering on the regular glance screen, so I just turned it off. Haven't tried today.
    So you didn't have it before?
    10-26-2013 12:54 PM
    Yes I did that for him today actually but it didn't help
    You might have discovered a hardware glitch. Has he talked to AT&T or whatever carrier you use?
    10-26-2013 12:55 PM
    You might have discovered a hardware glitch. Has he talked to AT&T or whatever carrier you use?
    We live in Holland and my cousin actually says he doesn't care enough to go to his carrier (which I really don't get because I would be going crazy if my 920 had this bug)

I actually think it's a software fault though because why would he only have the flickering screen when his glance screen is activated and not at any other moment? That sounds logical right?
    If I don't find any better solution I might try to convince him into doing a hard reset and if that doesn't work he should definitely get a replacement...
    10-26-2013 01:06 PM
    We live in Holland and my cousin actually says he doesn't care enough to go to his carrier (which I really don't get because I would be going crazy if my 920 had this bug)

I actually think it's a software fault though because why would he only have the flickering screen when his glance screen is activated and not at any other moment? That sounds logical right?
    If I don't find any better solution I might try to convince him into doing a hard reset and if that doesn't work he should definitely get a replacement...
    Holland? Man I love the interwebz! Good luck if you can get him to hardware reset his phone. Have you tried a soft reset?
    10-26-2013 01:24 PM
    Holland? Man I love the interwebz! Good luck if you can get him to hardware reset his phone. Have you tried a soft reset?
    Yep we tried that too :(
    And I just found another thread with loads of other people with the same problem, a couple of them say a hard-reset doesn't work... So I guess he'll have to get it replaced...
    10-26-2013 01:32 PM
    No, this was the first time it happened. I tried Glance again today and it's working fine.
    10-26-2013 05:43 PM
    i have the same problem, it works ok some times but some it don't, so it's turned off for me
    10-26-2013 06:21 PM
    According to the Glance app in my Phone it is still in Beta, so i guess it still can have some issues which will be solved (i hope) in a definite version.
    My Glance works fine by the way, but i tend to taylor the picture i use to the exact size of the screen. Maybe the problem has something to do with pictures being to large?
    10-27-2013 03:07 AM
    According to the Glance app in my Phone it is still in Beta, so i guess it still can have some issues which will be solved (i hope) in a definite version.
    My Glance works fine by the way, but i tend to taylor the picture i use to the exact size of the screen. Maybe the problem has something to do with pictures being to large?
    It's not just with a background but also
    when just using the regular glance screen
    10-27-2013 11:51 AM
    It's not just with a background but also
    when just using the regular glance screen
    Then i guess it's a faulty device?
    10-27-2013 01:25 PM