Battery Issues since installing GDR3 on L920 AT&T

Immortal Lobster

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I know, another battery thread.

Phone is fine, prior to installing the GDR3 Dev Preview update, I was getting what can only be described as phenominal battery life.

I've gone through and uninstalled all the apps I was not using, just in case, and stopped all background tasks, soft resets, etc. Battery life according to Battery Senseis destroying itself at a whopping 19-24%/hr!!!!!!!!! I used to neverpay attention to my battery life, essentially from picking it off the charger in the morning, through midnight, I'd never dip below 70% Now I an't make it from leaving work (charged at work) to 11pm on the battery, getting tired of hearing the battery chirp.

Is there a setting somewhere? something I can point at and say ah hah!?

Any help is appreciated, my guess is some kind of rogue app, or a bad app update, seen a lot since the GDR3 update came out.

Thanks in advance!

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
hold the volume down button together with the lock button as long as the phone reboots automatically (don't manually slide down the lock screen)

this will perform a soft reset (no data will be lost) and it should fix your problem

Immortal Lobster

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Turned off Wifi, last night, no diff. Have doe soft resets already (unless I'm doing it wrong, haha [hold down vol down, and power until it shuts off and vibrates upon reboot correct?])

[edit]That's interesting... I killed off the battery apps (both Battery Sense and Insider Pro), and the battery has been sitting at 97% for an hour now.... :\ Not going to change anything, let it run the rest of the day this way, but that is intriguing, and ironic, the battery app(s) are the ones causing the drain?

Last edited:

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
hold the volume down button together with the lock button as long as the phone reboots automatically (don't manually slide down the lock screen)

this will perform a soft reset (no data will be lost) and it should fix your problem
Don't these 2 procedures accomplish the same thing? The difference being that if your device is frozen you cannot use the slide down the lock screen action. In the old days you has a little red button or a button behind a small hole labeled "Reset". They replaced the physical "Reset" button with the Vol- and Lock (Power) buttons.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I recently bought a used Lumia 920, looked very clean, so I assume a good user, anyway, the battery is very different than my Lumia 720 that used to give me a full day, easily with heavy use.

the Lumia 920 with same usage habits cant last me a 10 hours, now I have to say the phone is waaaaay faster (opening and closing apps only) so why the huge difference, could it be the extra resolution?

note both devices have GDR3.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I recently bought a used Lumia 920, looked very clean, so I assume a good user, anyway, the battery is very different than my Lumia 720 that used to give me a full day, easily with heavy use.

the Lumia 920 with same usage habits cant last me a 10 hours, now I have to say the phone is waaaaay faster (opening and closing apps only) so why the huge difference, could it be the extra resolution?

my 920 lasts over 12 hours for me...

anyways, the 720 and 920 have batteries with the same capacity. (2000 mAh)
The 920 however has a larger, higher resolution display, packs more technology under the hood (I think), and has a higher-powered silicon (1.5 GHz dual-core over your 720's 1. as an example) inside that will naturally sap the same battery more than the much longer lasting, lower-end 720. (I've heard only good things about its battery life.)

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

920 has higher processor so it's natural to take so much battery
720 slower but easy with the battery (for light user like me, I usually charge it 3-4 days)

sokudo

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I killed off my battery app a while back and have gotten better battery life.

By dragging down from the top edge of the screen it will show you a less granular view of battery life along with WIFI connection strength, etc. That's plenty good for me. Now I leave my Bluetooth turned on and I have no issues. I've not tried leaving locations services on yet....I think I will try that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism