Lumia 920 vibration very soft only for the haptic feedback (starting this week) the rest works fine.

hennyxu

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello WPCentral community,

I'm from the Netherlands and I've got a problem that started just a couple of days ago it is now nov 9th 2013, the vibration of my back, home and search buttons have become very, very soft barely noticeable even. The vibration for incoming calls, messages, and even a massage app. (I downloaded that to test the vibration) are working normally. At the moment I?ve only done a soft reset this however didn?t help at all. I haven?t done a hard reset yet because I first would like to have some certainty before doing it, because I don?t want to lose any files. Also please note that I?ve installed the gdr2+amber a couple of months ago and I didn?t have any problems after that. It really just started this week and I haven't dropped the Phone or used it as a hammer.

What I do remember is the following, I don?t know if it?s related, a couple of days ago I?ve downloaded an minor configuration update which showed up at the ?windows store live tile?. Usually I always check what it is but this time I just clicked it. I don?t know what update it was but it had a ?gear icon? which usually stands for something in the configuration settings. I received this update within the week of nov 4th 2013 and nov 9th 2013, note that I live in the Netherlands. I?ve checked the Nokia forum and even other sites and other people are having similar problems, during this week. Which we are talking about here, however their problems are GDR2 related while mine isn't (atleast nothing wrong happend two months ago with the vibration).

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...umia-920-gdr2-vibration-problem-too-soft.html

I was wondering if there was an update that softened the vibration of the buttons, or did the update cause a glitch in my phone? Is it even software related, maybe the vibration motor is broken, because I use the back button quite often instead of the home, but that doesn?t explain why other vibration functions work normally?

I hope other people are having the same problem and that we can find a way to solve this.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't get this ISSUE/problem, why do I need to hear it vibrating when you hit the back or search or home button, I can feel it
(it's the same slight vibration whether I have vibration ON or OFF in ringtones + sounds ) and I know what I just did so....?
If you can't hear it when a text or call comes I get that, but why do you need to hear I when you are enabling a function?
Yes it's also soft on my 810 and I welcomed it when -whenever it happened to change. It is soft, but not so soft I can't feel it if I have
the battery saver on and those buttons aren't visible, I can still feel the slight vibration & that's all I need.

Audio which has the gear icon and is a settings SYSTEM app had an update 21 October but Access Point (also with the icon) had
one 5 November but that wouldn't effect sound the only other Nokia System update that would effect the way you feel or touch something is
Display + touch and that was last updated 9 September.
The only NOKIA update that has the gear icon in System (only Nokia Systems items have that icon) the week of November 4- 9 was Access Point
and it has nothing to with sound or touch.

Last edited:

hennyxu

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
So basicly what you are saying is that I should be happy with this? The point is if this can be solved then I would welcome a solution. But if this is the first sign of the motor breaking then I will contact nokia ASAP and I would like them to replace it. Plus aren't you interested why this is happening?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
You don't have to be happy but there is nothing to be solved, nothing is "broken" IMO
Maybe MS thought it unnecessary, vibration mode eats up battery, that is a fact and Nokia/MS say so and considering
all the complaints about battery draining "perhaps" MS/Nokia thought maybe vibration for every action isn't necessary
-so they get rid of ones that aren't needed in order to make the phone's features work, unlike like vibration mode instead
of just silent for calls which is a necessary function.
If the motor was broken it wouldn't work at all -and all ( the complaints) of these vibration motors going all at once - I don't think so.
Hope you get an answer that satisfies you, good luck :smile:

aftershockEWS

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
My wife use to have me call her every 5 minutes during the day. I never understood why. After the update she became unhappy and told me not to worry about calling her.

Now I understand why.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
My wife use to have me call her every 5 minutes during the day. I never understood why. After the update she became unhappy and told me not to worry about calling her.

Now I understand why.

Ha ha
it still works for phone calls and texts just not using the search, back or home button, sounds like she found
the real deal perhaps a Nokia Lumia technician who does house calls...
She "sounded" unhappy that's all...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss