Any update on TV out for the Nokia 920?

grapemanca

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Now that I've started to enjoy Netflix on my Nokia 920, I'd really like to push it to my TV. From what I understand, there is currently no means of doing this. Am I mistaken? Is there a hardware solution out there? Or is there something coming out soon? If not, this will be an absolutely necessary feature in my next phone.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Now that I've started to enjoy Netflix on my Nokia 920, I'd really like to push it to my TV. From what I understand, there is currently no means of doing this. Am I mistaken? Is there a hardware solution out there? Or is there something coming out soon? If not, this will be an absolutely necessary feature in my next phone.

What you want would most ideally be achieved with an HDMI output capability.

However, there is a Nokia app called Play To that uses the DLNA protocol to accomplish this. However, you will of course need a DLNA-capable TV.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't think there is way to display the phones screen onto the TV. I watch Netflix on the TV through the PS3 or Xbox 360. If not, you can plug your laptop into the TV via HDMI if the Laptop and TV support it. I'd love the Lumia phones to support Miracast in the future, that would be cool.

xelaio

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Please Nokia, do something to can connect Lumia 920 application on smart TV. Maybe an external hardware or application similar with Screen mirroring from Samsung S4. Success to all.

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I have an old Samsung TV hardwired to my network. I used Nokia PlayTo and it worked. I only tested it with pictures off my phone but it worked. My TV is not a Smart TV but it does have DLNA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes