Lumia 920 won't update!!!

Donnie Smith

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok I been having the red lumia 920 since February, no problems out of it til a few weeks ago I started seeing brown areas on my screen, so i didn't think anything of it, but as time went on it got worse. So I decided to get a replacement, called At&t and had no problems with the process, ended up getting the yellow 920 this time. I'm loving it, but one problem.......it won't update to Amber. My previous Lumia had the Amber update, and when I switched the sim cards and checked, my phone updated but it wasn't Amber it was the previous version before Amber. Every time I check for an update it says that the phone is up to date, which I know it isn't. It's been 2 days, I don't know if i'm just being impatient or what......any ideas?

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the UK, but have you tried using Nokia Software Updater For Retail? It will normally list for you the latest update for the phone independent of the device. AT&T have Amber so it should at least give you that option. Google for it. Version 4 is the latest. Oh, you will lose all your data.

Sir charlie viii

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem, minus the brown spots. My phone won't update either. There was an update over the summer last year and I took my phone in because it was having some problems with the volume controls and the people at the AT&T store fixed it and updated my phone. You may just have to take it to an AT&T store that repairs phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)