Shaking Lumia 920 Turns it On!!

Ahmad Nairat

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I've got a Lumia 920 recently, it's been with me for 2 days now, I noticed the following recently:

1- When the phone is turned off, and I shake it in my hand it turns on!! What The! is that a problem or a feature!?
2- It's better for the lithium batteries to charge while the phone is off, but when I plug the charger while 920 is off, it also turns on!
3- sometimes, when I scroll down slowly, the screen flicks a bit then gets back to normal,,

are these ok or problems? has anyone faced them before?
Please Help :unhappysweat: ..

Thanks.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
1. Don't think that is supposed to happen...You can turn it on by double tapping the screen though so maybe you are doing that while shaking.
2. Phone has to be on while charging.
3. Is it flickering or more of a stutter/lag?

Ahmad Nairat

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
1. Don't think that is supposed to happen...You can turn it on by double tapping the screen though so maybe you are doing that while shaking.
2. Phone has to be on while charging.
3. Is it flickering or more of a stutter/lag?

1. I think I pressed the power button by mistake twice,, seems I don't need to hold it down like my previous LG, so no problem here.
2. So I believe it's not a problem :).
3. Actually it's more to be like laggs a bit, not all the time, when I touch the screen and begin scrolling, it lags or stutters for a moment then works fine until I release my finger and touch again, and only with slow scrolling.

Thanks for the reply, and I'm very glad to leave android and start using Windows Phone, and to join WPCentral :)

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Yea, that's a known "thing" about WP. It does give the impression of lag but its not. Its MS not optimizing touch enough. Smooth as silk when you fast scroll but id you keep your finger on the screen while scrolling slowly, that's when you notice it.

Also, GDR3 allows you to charge while off. You won't get until Nokia releases it with the "Black" update.

Ahmad Nairat

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Yea, that's a known "thing" about WP. It does give the impression of lag but its not. Its MS not optimizing touch enough. Smooth as silk when you fast scroll but id you keep your finger on the screen while scrolling slowly, that's when you notice it.

Also, GDR3 allows you to charge while off. You won't get until Nokia releases it with the "Black" update.

Duhh,, I'm disappointed of that -_-, let's hope they fix the scrolling issue someday!
Thanks for your reply :)

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
For #3, disable the "double tap to wake the phone" option and restart your phone. This is a known issue.

Hopefully it will get fixed soon...

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Also, GDR3 allows you to charge while off. You

won't get until Nokia releases it with the

"Black" update

Hey man, are you serious about this? That will be superb for me!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb